Top 5 Paying Content Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonfic

Thick Fish; Learning About New Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't write for Hubpages. I spent like two months there and earned .75.

You probably won't make any real money from a site where anyone can sign up and write.

blkrb0t

Registered
Reaction score
WriterAccess and Blogmutt don't accept non-US citizens. What a bummer.

blkrb0t

Registered
Reaction score
Examiner is the biggest joke. DMS is still suffering from a bad spam rap and their articles are nearly non-existent. TB is alive and I'm making fair money there. WritersAccess--I'm a two-star there (4-star everywhere else), they don't have the work for me at all.

tri
Can you suggest any sites for a non-US citizen? I know of Constant-Content, but they're too strict and don't accept my writing style. Anywhere else I can look to get work?

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
They don't take foreign authors. Although I think *not entirely sure* that they have a UK Texbroker too. If you aren't from one of those countries, I don't think you can get hired.

maserba

Registered
Reaction score
Just signed up to AC only to find you need to be American to get paid. Do many of these other sites have such limitations?

Yes, AC or Associated Content is one of the best paying article website.

roundtable

Registered
Reaction score
Textbroker does have the UK site for non-US writers. I don't know if it is still around but Populis was good for a while, then they dropped almost all of their writers, especially US ones, and last I knew you had to be in Europe to write for them. I do caution against them though. When they suddenly dropped me, they owed me about 80 Euros and never paid up.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I have been on hubpages for a while and make about $40 a month for posting stuff that amuses me. It's not professional level pay but it adds up.

FantasticF

Going Ham
Registered
Reaction score
I actually don't agree with this list at all.

I started out as a freelance writer and none of these would be in my Top 5.

ESPECIALLY Textbroker. You will most likely get a penny or two per word and...

The writing can actually be pretty technical on there.

roundtable

Registered
Reaction score
Textbroker can be excellent IF you get direct orders. I don't do anything there except for direct orders. With those, I set the rate, and clients pay me what I feel I'm worth as a four-star writer. I managed to land one retailer who liked the first article I did for them, so they send me work every week.

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I actually don't agree with this list at all.

I started out as a freelance writer and none of these would be in my Top 5.

ESPECIALLY Textbroker. You will most likely get a penny or two per word and...

The writing can actually be pretty technical on there.

So ... What would you recommend?

Pikko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pikkoshouse.com
If you like writing trending news, I did work for Inquisitr.com for several months. I'm on break now due to personal reasons and other projects, but I enjoyed working with them. I still see their ad on Facebook, so pretty sure they're still hiring.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Fourm pages on examiner?

Hi, so I write for examiner.com (don't know why I didn't think to ask here before) but what happened to the fourm pages? Is everyone going here now?

Thanks

Brishen

It was meee! I was the turkey!
Registered
Reaction score
I've just sold an article on Constant Content. It's my first, so it could be your regular, garden variety luck, but 39 bucks is 39 bucks! Thanks for the recommendation here. :)

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
If you like writing trending news, I did work for Inquisitr.com for several months. I'm on break now due to personal reasons and other projects, but I enjoyed working with them. I still see their ad on Facebook, so pretty sure they're still hiring.

I just wanted to say thank you for mentioning them--I'm on trial with them right now and making decent money for the amount of work I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.