What are you reading?

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Eva Rice, The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets.

It's difficult for me to read novels when I'm drafting, though.

Izhitsa

Registered
Reaction score
The Rotters' Club by Jonathan Coe and 895 Days That Changed the World: The Presidency of Gerald R. Ford by Graeme Mount and Mark Gauthier.

Wind Ann Wise

The Quiet One
Registered
Reaction score
Phantom Returns by Stefanie Cole. (It's kind of a 'what-happened-next' thing that's set after the musical/movie.)
(Note: Phantom Phans, this was written before Love Never Dies.)

warofthesparks

I know what happened to Baby Jane.
Registered
Reaction score
Lone Wolf - Jodi Picoult. It's nice to get back to the usual Picoult after the ridiculously annoying Sing You Home. Her next book sounds like it will be good, too.

douglass

Registered
Reaction score
I just read the screenplay of The Godfather and about to start on the novel.

Wind Ann Wise

The Quiet One
Registered
Reaction score
The original Phantom of the Opera novel by Gaston Leroux. Never fails to excite me when I read my favorite book!

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Maine (J. Courtney Sullivan)

TLFrench

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished 'Misery' by Stephen King and started 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro. I think I spelled his name right. :)

JoyceH

Registered
Reaction score
Website
joyceharmon.wordpress.com
I'm reading The Passage by Justin Cronin - very page turnery. Sorta Preston/Childesque, sorta Stephen Kingish. Government experiment gone awry, monsters on the loose, end-of-civ stuff.

Tiffanie

...should spell her name with a "y"
Registered
Reaction score
Attempting to finish George R.R. Martin's Storm of Swords. Only halfway through.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
A Storm Of Swords.

I am picturing Jack Gleeson's terrific portrayal of Joffrey while reading the wedding to Margaery. Marvelous stuff!

TLFrench

Registered
Reaction score
Misery and The Stand are my favorite King books.

Misery is the first King book that I've ever read. I've seen the movie so I knew what to expect but I still found myself completely shocked at parts.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Finished reading Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King about a week ago. Wonderful novellas, really. Thrilling the entire way through.

I've been reading screenplays lately, so I don't have anything else to report....

CrystalCierlak

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.crystalcierlak.com
Methods in Behavioral Research, Cozby & Bates
Critical Thinking About Research: Psychology and Related Fields, Meltzoff

I don't usually read non-academic stuff when I'm in school. However, last term I powered through The Hunger Games trilogy and then spent a fraction of my spring break on the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy (twice, I'm afraid). And I've been trying to get through Game of Thrones for a while.

HarvesterOfSorrow

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished 'Misery' by Stephen King and started 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro. I think I spelled his name right. :)

What a coincidence. I am reading Stephen King's Misery, as well. I will be finished the book in a few days. After that, I'm not quite sure what I will read. This is my third Stephen King book in a row (It, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Misery) so I think I might read something different after Misery, and then go for another Stephen King novel. Maybe Pet Sematary.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
100 pages left to go in Middlesex. Expectations weren't particularly high for this one, but I must say, it has impressed me. The prose is excellent, and the actual story is much more interesting than I thought it would be. Big ups to Mr. Eugenedies for this extraordinary work.

Next up is either Enemy of The People by Arthur Miller (which I have to read for school by August) or Brief Interviews With Hideous Men by David Foster Wallace. Recommendations either way, AW?

TLFrench

Registered
Reaction score
What a coincidence. I am reading Stephen King's Misery, as well. I will be finished the book in a few days. After that, I'm not quite sure what I will read. This is my third Stephen King book in a row (It, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Misery) so I think I might read something different after Misery, and then go for another Stephen King novel. Maybe Pet Sematary.

Great minds do think alike. ;) I haven't decided which of his books will be the next I read. He has so many to choose from. I have to finish some of the books I've been collecting on my kindle and bookshelf before I add another one to it.