Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Hello!!!! I'm back from vacation!

I don't know if I missed a lot, I kind of skimmed over the last few pages. I did see Nicole has an agent now! Woohoo, congrats! That's awesome.

And Smiley and Sage got some requests. Very cool.

Crossing my fingers for Lisa with her submission, and for Kewii for her marriage approval.

Mr. West, loving the new cover. Looks awesome!

If I missed any other news, fill me in. I'm in the final few chapters of my sequel, trying to catch up with everything else in the meantime.

In addition to that, I've got exciting news: I have a book trailer!!!

It's a combined trailer of my book and my pub sister's book. Check it out and let me know what you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9mUbSYgoY&feature=share

Love the creepy music! ;)

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Dorothy! I wanna' watch your trailer but computer gremlins keep telling me I need to update my flash player. I've updated out the wind and still get the same message. And what's with this "Mr. West" nonsense? I'm more accustomed to "hey" or "jerk."

Congrats Sage and Smiley. You guys are going great guns.

And GAH! Three strikes and I'm out with Random House's imprints. Two full requests and a straight out rejection. (Although they don't appear to be as dreamy as we once thougt). My newest form rejection (can practically recite 'em by heart now) had this additional info: "your novel seems too contained." Anyone have any idea what that means?

I'm having good success at publishing my YA books but can't seem to land a home for my adult thrillers. So...gah!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
congratz on the YA, Kansas, sorry about the adult novels. :Hug2:

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Congrats, Parump!

And I think I've congratulated Sage...but I'm not sure...so congrats again :)

My hubby is currently at the court house. Notice, I am not there because I am a woman and therefore not important to this process :rolleyes: He said there are 7 cases in front of us. But he's already been there 2 hours. Poor guy. I'm almost glad I'm considered unimportant.

I have finally gotten out from under the pile of marking that was the end of term 2. Just in time for Spring Break! I leave for Thailand in 3 days :) I'm still considering if I want to write or not. I might just bring a notebook :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Congrats, Parump!

And I think I've congratulated Sage...but I'm not sure...so congrats again :)

My hubby is currently at the court house. Notice, I am not there because I am a woman and therefore not important to this process :rolleyes: He said there are 7 cases in front of us. But he's already been there 2 hours. Poor guy. I'm almost glad I'm considered unimportant.

I have finally gotten out from under the pile of marking that was the end of term 2. Just in time for Spring Break! I leave for Thailand in 3 days :) I'm still considering if I want to write or not. I might just bring a notebook :D

Thanks!

Hope everything goes well at the court house, Kewii!

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com

Ah, the pile of marking. I've got one of those, myself.

But have fun in Thailand! You MUST bring a notebook, if you've never been...I found my muse was super active with all the different sights. Best, best BEST vacation day of my life was sitting in a little restaurant overlooking Shark Bay in Koh Tao, waiting with my brother for my then-to-be sister-in-law to come in on the slow boat. I must've written 6,000 words longhand that day.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Dorothy, love the trailer:)

Happy day after free release day, Parump:) How soon will the other books follow?

Good luck, Kewii. It amazes me the government would spend that much time questioning marriages. I hope it all works in your favor, and your hubby doesn't have to wait too much longer.

Always bring a notebook. Always.

Slowly thawing out here, although it is darn cold. The snow receded enough so that the kids could find their snowball makers that were lost in December. My pond is still half frozen, and I am waiting to see if the goldfish survived.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So, I'm doing Camp too. I updated my Day 1 word count too late... :(

But remind me to be careful having any form of caffeine after midnight. It's messed up my sleep the last two nights.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Great trailer, Dorothy!

Good luck to all you CampNaNoers!

Kewii, so jealous of the Thailand trip. My MIL is Thai, and we've always wanted to take a trip to visit her village. Alas, it keeps getting put off by other things. Hope you have a wonderful time!

ETA: Parump! Happy Release Day!!!

Last edited:

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Kewii!!

Slowly thawing out here, although it is darn cold. The snow receded enough so that the kids could find their snowball makers that were lost in December. My pond is still half frozen, and I am waiting to see if the goldfish survived.

Snowball makers? :Huh:

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
Having a tough day writing an email...a sort of CP of mine got a contract offer from a publisher that I know gives crap contracts to their authors and doesn't know what they're doing with their ebooks (another friend was recently published by them and they screwed her over six ways from Sunday in the contract AND failed to put her book on Amazon for over three weeks from the release date). They are loosely, loosely affiliated with RH, though, and so she's super excited.

I don't want to be a buzzkill, and I'm excited for her success. But DAMN IT I want her to tread carefully and I don't know how to express that kindly.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Having a tough day writing an email...a sort of CP of mine got a contract offer ... But DAMN IT I want her to tread carefully and I don't know how to express that kindly.

That is a hard email to write - *hugs* :Hug2:

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
*stumbles in*

Hi, old people! (Or not old at all)

I haven't been on in forever and checked in yesterday to see if there were April Fools shenanigans :). I had a 6 month old PM from P-Dragon, which was awesome, but also shocking to see how long it really had been since I'd been here. And even then I don't think I've posted since a few months before that.

Anyway, reintroduction: I'm Erin. I write YA contemp.

Congrats to PD, Sage, Dorothy, and everyone with new agents/book releases/contracts.

JSSchley (Pssst. I'm the Erin you tagged in your blog post last month :))--That's tough about your CP, especially since she is so excited. Does she have an agent who can warn her about this publisher? Or is she going it alone?

Hi to everyone I'm just meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.