Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES Volume VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chess pie is wonderful. Bsically sugar and eggs and vinegar, kind of weird but it is amazing.

A LOT of sugar. I made one last winter. Maybe I'll make another one. I haven't done much baking here, mainly because I would have to assemble all the ingredients and I mean all of them -- we are not well stocked.

And I am lazy. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want some homemade cinnamon rolls, but I'm too lazy to make them.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For lazy people, we're certainly well fed.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
I just caught the weather forecast for Thanksgiving. High 81 degrees. Yeah, be jealous if you like, but I'm originally from Virginia, and I miss the seasons! :cry:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
nothin' is better than a lot o' sugar. :D That sounds wondrous on the weather Duchess. Here it was raining all day/night! Not good on our roof or my headache... :Cake:s for all! :)`

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
As you may remember, or may have earsed from your minds due to the weirdness, Sweet Gum is fond of pre-cooked instant grits and rolled oats. (there is no way she's gonna find non-instant grits or oatmeal in this house.) I've uneasily watched her eat these grains.

But today, she stuck her head in the bag of uncook rice and came out with a mouthfull. This time I made her spit it out. I mean you can't throw rice at weddings any more because it kills birds when they eat it.

I don't know what is going on in Sweet Gum's mind. I don't want to have to ask the vet what's going on in her stomach. Rice grains are like little daggers.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the welcome back, cows, and hugs!!! Luv you guys and missed ya. <3 The monitor went out on my computer so I was webless for quite some time. It was a dark and miserable time in history. So glad to be back. :)

o.e texas honestly only has two seasons(or at least in my town it does) summer and winter.

True dat!

AC, I'll try to pretend that I believe you behaved while I was gone, it'll take a lot of imagination on my part, but I'll try. Love my dragon avie, btw. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I helped you with your computer! That's behaving.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Night-Flyer:hi:

So tomorrow I'll be at the hospital. :( Have to fast today, but I am allowed to drink fluids, eat puddings, or eat jello at least until midnight. In fact this time tomorrow, I'll be wheeled into the O.R. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon! Then it's Dad's turn on Friday. :e2hammer:

:hi: :)

I'm praying that everything went well. I'm not up to speed on why, but hopefully you'll have a quick recovery and won't be in there too long, I'll pray for your father also. *hugs*

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
Thank you everyone for the welcome back, cows, and hugs!!! Luv you guys and missed ya. <3 The monitor went out on my computer so I was webless for quite some time. It was a dark and miserable time in history. So glad to be back. :)

True dat!

AC, I'll try to pretend that I believe you behaved while I was gone, it'll take a lot of imagination on my part, but I'll try. Love my dragon avie, btw. :)

what's 'lovely' is that my town has been in a SERIOUS drought for five years or so. after having a nice big flood. but this year's better. we've been getting rain at least about three times a month. I expect snow in winter(which isn't good, believe me o.e)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I helped you with your computer! That's behaving.

Indeed! That was awesome, btw. Now I don't have to throw it up against a wall. :D But the question is...were you behavin' in here?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I'm probably guilty.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
what's 'lovely' is that my town has been in a SERIOUS drought for five years or so. after having a nice big flood. but this year's better. we've been getting rain at least about three times a month. I expect snow in winter(which isn't good, believe me o.e)

Droughts are definitely common in Texas, we've had several and wild fires. I'm glad this year is better for you, the rain is always welcomed. Yes, there will be snow, no doubt. We've had some, but not much. I'm sure it'll make up for that before winter's over, though. :(

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I'm probably guilty.

:D

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I just hope it snows for like ONE day on xmas next month. I like to take pics of my neighborhood in snow. but it better not snow on my birthday next year. >>I will be definitely displeased, cuz then mom won't be able to go to walmart and get me my yearly cheesecake.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
mm...cheesecake is awesome! It's been too long since I've had any. :e2bummed:

N-F, didn't see you hiding behind that cat. Dragons are so small they sneak up on you.

Glad you got your sneaking machine going again. Missed you.

I am pretty sneaky. :D Thanks! I actually had to get a new sneaking machine, well not new, but new to me. I've missed you as well! :Hug2:

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Night Flyer, computer breakdowns suck; I'm so glad you're over yours.

Okay, tonight's total, 770 words slain.

I think it's all the :sword :sword and :partyguy:

Although it occurred to me that since the code for the banana guys is colon sword, that would literally mean the sword is mightier than the pen. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Night Flyer, computer breakdowns suck; I'm so glad you're over yours.

Thanks Cathleen, it was a sad time indeed. :/ The monitor went out. *sigh* Now I have to get all of my art programs and stuff onto this computer, it's been a pain...less so with AC's help, though. :)

Okay, tonight's total, 770 words slain.

I think it's all the :sword :sword and :partyguy:

Although it occurred to me that since the code for the banana guys is colon sword, that would literally mean the sword is mightier than the pen. :D

Congrats on the slaughter! You deserve some :partyguy: time.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
'ey, all, hope your test goes well, Quentin and for your dad too. Keeping fingers crossed. :Hug2:s Hope the weather cooperates for everyone.

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
it was rather nice yesterday in my town. was bright and sunny and warmish. went to the library in search of Spanish for dummies and French for dummies but they didn't have em. then I went pecan hunting in my yard. we have THREE trees that grow at my place =D (which feeds my pecan addiction)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, AC.

I'm not word-slaying, I'm just... wordless. :( Haven't written anything in weeks.

I'm still spring-cleaning!

And it's not even a big house. :Shrug:

But since nobody's said anything about bunnies for a while, I'll say it...

dustbunnies! (I haz 'em.) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.