Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm... Hello? My name jerrimander and I'm new here. I have 62 rep pionts as of this post, and I check religiously for that number to rise. I'm thinking of celebrating when I get to 100. My question is, does it ever get easier? This compulsive checking?

jerrimander

Registered
Reaction score
I should probably post less in the new members forum and more on the old folks threads; y'know, old, like you guys. New members don't know about rep points, yet.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Just move around as you're comfortable. It took me a week or two before I moved out of the newbie forum and into the great wide forum beyond, and almost a year later (good lord) I'm only JUST moving into other chat threads outside of the one I settled into (The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Cantina, currently The Cyborg Dragon's Den and Microbrewery. Drop by! We only bite a little, just to taste. :D)

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya! What are reps? And what are they for? And why would you guys check on them so much? *slinks back a little, realizing I ought to probably read about it somewhere* But sometimes, asking is just quicker. :)

jerrimander

Registered
Reaction score
The little balance scales bottom left of every post? That's to award reputation points for posts and posters you like. Then to check on them, click on user cp, far left of the main banner. Sometimes you get little cheery notes to go with your points. The points don't really mean anything, or so I've read, but it's fun to get them and give them.

Night_Writer

It's all symbolic.
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a question about rep points too, and this looks like a good place to ask.

I remember in the past, like last year or so, it was possible to see how many points I had by hovering my mouse over a little icon on the lower left of any of my posts. In fact, it was possible to see anybody's points by doing that. I think it was, I'm not sure, the same little balance icon that we use to award the rep points. But I noticed that this doesn't work any more. I have to go to the User CP board if I want to see my points. And I can't see other people's at all. Which means no one can see mine, either.

Why did this change? I mean, what's the point of getting rep points if you can't show them off?

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
The little balance scales bottom left of every post? That's to award reputation points for posts and posters you like. Then to check on them, click on user cp, far left of the main banner. Sometimes you get little cheery notes to go with your points. The points don't really mean anything, or so I've read, but it's fun to get them and give them.

Thanks Jerr-bear! Yay, I have 84! Nifty. *tickled pink right now* :)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I've got a question about rep points too, and this looks like a good place to ask.

I remember in the past, like last year or so, it was possible to see how many points I had by hovering my mouse over a little icon on the lower left of any of my posts. In fact, it was possible to see anybody's points by doing that. I think it was, I'm not sure, the same little balance icon that we use to award the rep points. But I noticed that this doesn't work any more. I have to go to the User CP board if I want to see my points. And I can't see other people's at all. Which means no one can see mine, either.

Why did this change? I mean, what's the point of getting rep points if you can't show them off?

Hover your mouse riiiight under the P in "Posts" on the left, under someone's avatar. The text that says how many points someone has should pop up. It's not a specific number but text that tells what range they're in. You're "on a distiguished road."

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Why do we check them so much? So much?

Is several times a day so much? Is checking rep points the first thing before reading any posts or doing any searches each time you log on to AW so much?

OK, well, maybe...

Night_Writer

It's all symbolic.
Registered
Reaction score
Hover your mouse riiiight under the P in "Posts" on the left, under someone's avatar. The text that says how many points someone has should pop up. It's not a specific number but text that tells what range they're in. You're "on a distiguished road."

Ah, great, thanks!

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com

Ah, great, thanks!

Doesn't work for me.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it took me a few months when I first joined to get the hang of it - but I only found out they existed cuz people on another thread were talking about 'reps' :D

-repped you some fun little bouncing guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.