Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you're feeling better, PD!

Thanks, I wish, from what others have said I have 10 more days with this nasty cough.

Have you gone to the doctor yet, PD?

I spoke with a doctor in the emergency at the hospital over the phone on the 14th of November, when my temperature hit 104. They said not to come in. The doctor told me all I can do is stay well hydrated, take Tylenol if I have a fever, and rest. It's some kind of virus going around.

My doctor's office recommended Benadryl over the phone for the hives that I broke out in the following day.

I just have to ride this thing out until it's over. The fever went down on the 17th to 99 degrees and has been hanging there. Hoping the nasty cough vanishes soon. So thankful I live in a dry climate. -chuckle-

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you recover swiftly. It sucks when there's nothing else to do but wait.

:Hug2:

Yes it does unfortunately. And I made the mistake of getting upset about it because there's nothing I can do, so then I just added wheezing to the coughing since I was mad. Lol. But that stopped once I calmed down. Ugh.

Called the doctor's office, since I don't have a fever anymore they don't want me to come it. They recommended Zyrtec to try to dry out the cough and think it's probably all the dang pollen in the air that is irritating my airway now. Ugh.

-the pollen is white and fluffy like little flying cotton balls or full dandelion heads and it is just stuck to everything outside. :( So it is very possible that is it.

Last edited:

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
PD needs an MD?

:D

:D

Thanks, I wish, from what others have said I have 10 more days with this nasty cough.

I spoke with a doctor in the emergency at the hospital over the phone on the 14th of November, when my temperature hit 104. They said not to come in. The doctor told me all I can do is stay well hydrated, take Tylenol if I have a fever, and rest. It's some kind of virus going around.

My doctor's office recommended Benadryl over the phone for the hives that I broke out in the following day.

I just have to ride this thing out until it's over. The fever went down on the 17th to 99 degrees and has been hanging there. Hoping the nasty cough vanishes soon. So thankful I live in a dry climate. -chuckle-

Oh no, that's awful! I can't believe it's hung on this long. :(

Around here, that white fluffy stuff is called "Snow."

LOL I'd much rather have white fluffy snow than the pollen!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
LOL I'd much rather have white fluffy snow than the pollen!
If I weren't allergic to Christmas trees, this time of year would be so nice.

As it is, about the time the snow kills the pollen, the live greenery comes out and I can't walk into the grocery store without my eyes watering.

Last edited:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the artificial trees are much nicer than they used to be 20 years ago. As long as you don't spray it with all the pine-scented crap--but if you're allergic to real pine, you'd be safe with that stuff since there's nothing natural about them.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Aluminum trees for you, then?
Plastic. Pre-lit. One in the living room with the family ornaments and one in the loft with Doctor Who decorations and a weeping angel treetopper.

379409_2842203299375_1948829821_n.jpg

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I reppied ya all some Thanksgiving cheer, both traditional and humorous :D

atruk_zpsefa98496.png

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Turkey Day!

I'm off to work in an hour. I volunteer to work on holidays, y'see. When my kids were little, people volunteered to work so I could have time with them. Now it's my turn to pay forward.

Be safe!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Day 17 of nasty respiratory virus from hell. Still sick, but at least the cough is getting better.

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

I will be reppying Christmas style now. Lol ;)
glitter-graphics-christmas-550378.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.