Last Television Program You Watched

asyouwish

Registered
Reaction score
I just started watching The Mindy Project. I saw the pilot two years ago and hated it, but I caught a random episode the other day and laughed so much that I watched half a season in one sitting.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Archer, on Netflix. Love love love that show!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I gave in to the relentless Once Upon a Time hype and tried to watch the first few eps on Netflix.

I'm still scraping off the clinging syrupy-sweetness.

OTOH, I'm also watching Grimm on Amazon Prime and I like the snarky humor and the scares. So far.

Megann

Registered
Reaction score
My mad fat diary. So far I've only seen the pilot, but I really like it.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I tried The 100 and made it a whole 15 mins into the first episode before I realized that if I rolled my eyes one more time I may do permanent damage. Ugh. What a piece of crap! So then hubs and I started Revolution and it was much better. But then, I will have to give it a few more episodes to really decide because next to The 100 anything seems REALLY good. :D

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Downton Abby. I was skeptical at first, but it didn't take long before I was made a fan.

Hellblazer

So Say We All
Registered
Reaction score
The season one finale of Manhattan. Man, this show is really, really good. One of my favourite ones from this year and I can't wait for its return. I'm going to say this is probably the best new 2014 TV show that you (probably) haven't seen, can't recommend it enough.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Trying to make it through The Librarians on TNT. We are unfavorably comparing it to the original 3 movies. May not make it to the end. :(
Watched the first 20 minutes and turned it off.

I understand what they're trying to do – a fun ride thing kind of like Raiders of the lost Ark. But that kind of thing is not easy to pull off – it's a fine line between amusing, clever, and exciting and ridiculous, stupid, and over the top.

It's heavy-handed and just doesn't work. A shame, because it's a great premise and a lot of good actors are involved in the show.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Watched the first 20 minutes and turned it off.

I understand what they're trying to do – a fun ride thing kind of like Raiders of the lost Ark. But that kind of thing is not easy to pull off – it's a fine line between amusing, clever, and exciting and ridiculous, stupid, and over the top.

It's heavy-handed and just doesn't work. A shame, because it's a great premise and a lot of good actors are involved in the show.

I made it through the 2 hours. Christian Kane is what kept me going.

I still don't know half of what was said. Much of the dialogue was so fast and said at a mumbling volume I couldn't hear what was going on. Most of the actors seriously need to up their game and work towards understandability before it's going to work.

Mainly, the plot shambled and lurched forward, making huge jumps that just didn't pan out and make any sense.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
We're binge-watching The Game on BBC America. Every single character is unreliable. It's like a 3-D chess game. Hearty applause for the writing.

opinionated opinion:

It's also depressing as hell, but that doesn't surprise us. BBC America programs tend to be depressing as hell (The Game) or goofy fluff (Atlantis). Doctor Who and Top Gear being the general exceptions.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw half an episode of Girl meets World, the Christmas episode. It's a mirror image of its predessor, Boy Meets World. It's like a freakin reunion show, everyone is in it! Even Cory's parents! And omg, no one has aged badly at all! They all look and act pretty much the same! It was awesome! I have to watch it with my sibs now, they're going to love it!

Megann

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished binch watching all three seasons of Call The Midwife. I love it. I can't wait for season 4.

Hellblazer

So Say We All
Registered
Reaction score
Last five episodes of television that I watched:

Constantine S1x08 "The Saint of Last Resorts (P1)"
The Legend of Korra S4x11 "Kuvira's Gambit"
Marco Polo S1x04 "The Fourth Step"
Marco Polo S1x05 "Hashshashin"
Justified S3x03 "Harlan Roulette"

Constantine and Justified were probably the best episodes out of the bunch, Korra third and both Marco Polo episodes shortly behind.