Am I Ready To Go??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmichaelfavreau

Smells like bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

The date when I hit that "Publish" button on Amazon is rapidly approaching! I don't know exactly when it will be, I want to wait until my beta readers are done before I go ahead, but I have not been blessed with anything remotely resembling patience so I am itching to go...

Let me tell you what I have done so far in preparation for the eventual release of my debut book and you might start to see how impatient I am (or neurotic, your decision I suppose).

So once I finished going through the book for the, I don't know, 25th time, I handed it off to an editor (English major friend...I have no money for a "real one") and she gave me some great edits. Then I went though the book another many, many times and finally called it done. Then it was off to the betas. In the meantime, I have created a Facebook page for myself as an author, a Twitter account, a blog on Wordpress (actually started before I finished my novel), an account on Google+, an account on Wattpad, I created my own website from scratch and filled it with pictures and update statuses, and have filled out my whole Amazon profile-as much as I can do before publishing (then I'll create an author bio page on Amazon). It should be noted I actively post on all platforms I have established profiles on.

Outside of self-promotion, I have created a CreateSpace account in case people want print versions of my book, I bought an ISBN number, I secured a digital artist to create my cover (almost done!), created a bank account separate from my other finances and tied it to Amazon and CreateSpace, and created a spreadsheet to account for all money spent to publish the book and how much I may earn once published so I will know if/when I ever break even or make any money.

So...that all being said, I am calling on the collective of AW, does it seem like I'm ready? Are there things I am missing and should do? Any and all advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Sounds like you have a good handle on the prep work. Good your set to keep track of what's going out and coming in. You'll need that at tax time. Keep up the good work! Look forward to seeing your cover. :)

Last edited:

grayworld

Registered
Reaction score
You sound like you're more prepared for your book launch than I have ever been for any upcoming event in my life.

The separate bank account for your writing income is a nice touch, too. I hadn't thought of that, and it's a great idea.

Best of luck to you!

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! I'd say you're missing just one thing. Putting links to your social media in your signature so fellow AWers can say hello! :)

jmichaelfavreau

Smells like bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! I'd say you're missing just one thing. Putting links to your social media in your signature so fellow AWers can say hello! :)

I updated my signature with the social medias :)

Also, my art is done! Just got it today, here it is:
60335d_272f0af406f649d28c087b8e65ae2a97.jpg_srz_p_211_298_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

grayworld

Registered
Reaction score
I updated my signature with the social medias :)

Also, my art is done! Just got it today, here it is:
60335d_272f0af406f649d28c087b8e65ae2a97.jpg_srz_p_211_298_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

The cover looks great. Very attention-grabbing. And I love the bio-hazard symbol in place of the second 'A' in "Away."

Definitely looking forward to taking a look. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.