Doctor Who (may contain SPOILERS for current episodes)

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Can you Believe that they're bumping Dr Who this week to show Eurovision instead?
I mean, does anyone actually watch Eurovision? And even if you normally do, have you heard our entry?

The world makes a little less sense.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't believe my ears when, at the end of last weeks episode, they told us no Doctor Who for two weeks.

We havna got a chance in the eurovision contest, and frankly who'd care even if we did? I wanna watch the Doctor, not a bunch of losers led by that plank, Terry Wogan.

Evaine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeinhay.blogspot.com
I don't think the Doctor should be female - he's been male in 10 out of his 12 regenerations, after all.
I'd like to see Romana back though - I'm sure there was a loophole in the original series in which she could have survived the Time War (by being in E-Space, I think).

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
The Doctor's gonna fall in love with another woman in the next episode...Poor Martha! And it's that highly irritating Jessica Stevenson, from Spaced, etc. How could he?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:rant: I am so So SO jealous!

I emailed BBC, BBC America, CBC in Canada and the SciFi channel in the States--no one will give a date for the US or Canada broadcasts.

Augh!

:Headbang:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I did think the episode last week (I won't give away any spoilers) was very similar to one of the previous episodes (can't remember the name of it though, will have to do some digging).

Reaction score
The Doctor's gonna fall in love with another woman in the next episode...Poor Martha! And it's that highly irritating Jessica Stevenson, from Spaced, etc. How could he?

Uh...because he hasn't met me yet? Duh, obvious. Trouble is he's in Cardiff for nine months of the year and hardly ever back up here where he belongs.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
The BBC seems to like Cardiff at the moment (don't know why). The spin off series, Torchwood, is very similar to a tourist information film.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the episode where all the sheep get taken over by aliens and start ramaging through the Cardiff devouring whoever they find.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Can I gloat a little?
Please? Just a little?

And jvc said: Go ahead Ben, I was wanting to do just that as it makes a change for us to get a television series first.

:e2tongue: :e2tomato: :e2moon:

(going to pop in a Tom Baker DVD to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms now)

davids

Banned
Reaction score
On the Buses-I do miss Sid

The Two Ronnies

Carpathian Street

Danny La Rue does Pittsburgh in Red Pumps and a flannel night gown?

Harry Secombe as we knew and loved him?

Malcolm Muggaridge and the pit of doom?

Malcolm Muggeridge the conversion tapes?

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
And isn't it done by BBC Wales?
It's because the writer/producer Russell Davies is Welsh, and has enough clout to decide where and when. And the cheapness is a factor.

When I'm a writer/producer, I shall insist everything is made in Chiswick.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I heard a rumour about the Doctor and his Martha.

The word on the street (ok, on the radio) is that Mr Tennant will be staying on for another series, but Ms Martha won't be.
The voice in the radio did stress that this was unconfirmed but I thought I'd tell you anywho.

Reaction score
Well that makes sense, 'cause I'm the only woman who could ever make The Tennant happy.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
He'll get back on that bloody Tardis and keep travelling, if he knows what's good for him! The series is not called, 'To Serve Them All My Days', or 'Good-Bye Mr Chips.' How dare he get married!

Actually, Jessica Stevenson (or whatever she calls herself now) was not nearly as annoying as normal; she played a blinder in the Matron role. I think I just hate her when she's being 'ditzy middle-class girlie'.

Fantastic episode, wasn't it? I think Dr Who's at its best when it leans on history for its impetus. The shadow of WW1, the social framework...all done brilliantly. Can't wait for the 2nd part.

Evaine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeinhay.blogspot.com
Wow! Part two was good!
And dark. I was reminded of the line from the School Reunion episode (where Sarah Jane returns) where the Doctor says "I used to have so much mercy." The contrast between John Smith and the Doctor was very well done, too, and I thought the kid was brilliant.