Last Movie You Watched...

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the Boxtrolls last weekend and it was great. I recommend it for everyone - especially people with kids. :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
The Dark Crystal. Never seen it before!

LOVED that movie as a kid. I remember it being a little bit creepy and dark in some parts and I'm trying to decide if it would good for my 8 year olds but can't remember all that much of the movie. Appropriate?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I remember being way creeped out by the "bad guys" (no idea what they were called). I haven't watched the movie since. That's probably why.

Tried to watch Pacific Rim last night. Could not suspend disbelief at all. Disappointed me.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
We finished watching Hard Candy in my Women in Film class today. I have no idea what I thought of it.

The Emissary

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching Jet Li's The One, and for some inexplicably reason I really, REALLY enjoyed that movie more than I should have. I'm a sucker for anything that has to do with parallel universe

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I remember being way creeped out by the "bad guys" (no idea what they were called). I haven't watched the movie since. That's probably why.

Tried to watch Pacific Rim last night. Could not suspend disbelief at all. Disappointed me.

Yeah, I had a REALLY hard time with it, too. I actually fell asleep during part of it. The whole concept just didn't work for me, the girl didn't really work for me, and the lame dialogue and overacting didn't really work for me either.

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
Again I searched Netflix for a good horror last night. Gave The Tall Man (Jessica Biel) and Cursed (Christina Ricci and Jessie Eisenberg) a go. Both were spectacularly terrible.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Saw The Maze Runner last week. It was decent. I haven't read the book, so I have no comparison, but I enjoyed it. Standard YA post-apocalyptic type fare.

The hubby and son saw Dolphin Tale 2 last night. They loved it. Said it was every bit as good as the first, so if that's your cup of tea...

Jerboa

frelled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ejtett.weebly.com
LOVED that movie as a kid. I remember it being a little bit creepy and dark in some parts and I'm trying to decide if it would good for my 8 year olds but can't remember all that much of the movie. Appropriate?

I think so. There's nothing too bad in it. The podling's get their souls kinda sucked out of them when they're turned into slaves - I think that's probably the darkest thing, it makes them shriveled.

I think kids'll love Fizzgig. :)

I'm sitting here watching Jet Li's The One, and for some inexplicably reason I really, REALLY enjoyed that movie more than I should have. I'm a sucker for anything that has to do with parallel universe

I love The One! Have it one DVD.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I can wholeheartedly recommend all of Rigor Mortis--EXCEPT for the last 3 minutes.

Really? Huh. That one was on my list anyway, but now I'm curious about what ruins it so close to the end! (Not curious enough for spoilers, mind you.) Is it on NetFlix?

Last watched: Carrie, the 2013 version. Good, not great. Chloe Moretz seems miscast, but I can't put my finger on why. Writing up a Thing on the significance of the color pink for Carrie's prom dress, which will go on the blog shortly.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
All the big-budget must-see blockbusters I can't be arsed to sit through, and you know what I just watched in full? Leprechaun: Origins. And in spite of how straight they tried to play the premise, it accidentally carried on the Leprechaun legacy of being ridiculous by starring Garry Chalk as the Standard Issue Human Villain... making it, essentially, a movie about the Leprechaun teaming up with Optimus Prime to kill obnoxious teenagers. Getting through the film was mostly a matter of knowing which Transformers quote to scream when.

Six Alaric

The terror, the terror
Registered
Reaction score
Stoker and Titus.

Didn't care much for Stoker. A couple of characters were simply too complex for the amount of dialogue they got. Lovely cinematography, though.

Titus is probably one of the weakest of those strange Shakespeare adaptations from the 90s, but I found it enjoyable. There's a pretty radical mix-up of fashion and architectural styles that suits the story surprisingly well.

RichHelms

@BookTrailer101
Registered
Reaction score
Website
booktrailer101.info
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Watched it in English. I do not understand Chinese but it is so much prettier in Chinese with English subtitles. The dialog is so pleasing to the ear.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Calla Lily - just sent you a PM, re: The Conjuring.

Last watched: Insidious, Chapter 2. This production house is growing on me. They are so predictable, and the dialogue is reliably silly - it has the feel of a cheesy made-for-TV horror movie that somehow wrangled an excellent budget and special effects. But really REALLY bad makeup. I mean, really bad. The monster was better looking in Sinister, but not much. Still, there's something charming about it. I love these movies.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
The Transformers...the latest one. Forget what it's called. EXCELLENT!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
We're thinking about renting the last Transformers from RedBox this weekend.

Watched Insidious 2 last night. It was a bit slow and confusing/convoluted for the first half, but the story (mostly) came full circle towards the end and I quite enjoyed it. They left it open for a third movie, and I would say that I've enjoyed the first two enough, that I'd probably check it out. Still trying to figure out though how: the younger version of Parker was seeing himself older in ghost form. Can't seem to wrap my brain around that part.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Calla Lily - just sent you a PM, re: The Conjuring.

Last watched: Insidious, Chapter 2. This production house is growing on me. They are so predictable, and the dialogue is reliably silly - it has the feel of a cheesy made-for-TV horror movie that somehow wrangled an excellent budget and special effects. But really REALLY bad makeup. I mean, really bad. The monster was better looking in Sinister, but not much. Still, there's something charming about it. I love these movies.

Ha! I didn't see your post on the page before until after I just posted. I agree about the make up and some of the cheesy stuff. Especially the way they do that sound from Psycho when they show the word INSIDIOUS on the screen. Kinda made me laugh. But there's just something about these movies that I really like.

Last edited: