Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen the last 2 episodes of season 4 nev. I love the direction the show is goin in and I agree that what you're suggesting would be a mind blowing storyline!

Fox The Cave

I get cancer. I kill Jack.
Registered
Reaction score
Sam screwed a Demon, Dean screwed an Angel.

Apparently kinky runs in this family...

Goodchild

Screaming Audio Terror
Registered
Reaction score
Scunthorpe, UK. "The industrial garden town of th
Website
theycallmepotato.blogspot.com
I love Supernatural. Love it. I reckon it's the best genre show on tv at the mo (in England, I mean). I'm particularly fond of (and influenced by) the way humour is used in the how, in that it always fits the situation, even if it gets a bit goofy. I'm also impressed by the amount of gore they can get away with sometimes. I only wish ITV hadn't faffed about with it over here in the UK - I missed the last two series on tv so had to go out and buy the dvds. What a shame! haha

katatonic

Wow, i'm surprised there isn't much love on here for this show.

Just watched the latest episode....WOW, the best episode of the season.

This is one of very few shows that is continually good week in week out, and especially now when the episodes aren't as stand alone-ish.

Unlike Heroes, this show hasn't shot itself in the head, and unlike Prison Break (which is a good show) the relationships are believable and not forced. I grew tired of Lost's bullshit, and have been getting annoyed at how the terminator series fluctuates week to week.

The only other show I can think of that was good week in, week out was Dexter.

Allynegirl

Wax the Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I never have time to find it on regular TV and don't have DVR, so I wait for the Seasons to come out on DVD (just got Season 3 at Christmas). Absolutely love this show, but have no idea what is going on during Season 4. When does it come out on DVD? Not soon enough I'm sure.

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
I really like the fact that most of the major stations have it so you can watch them online now too. Can watch whenever you feel like. Or Hulu.

Definitely saved my butt when I missed an episode here and there of Supernatural :p

Mondays and Thursdays are the only times I really try and schedule any t.v. watchin times. The rest could be cut out and I don't care.

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
Supernatural, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
1. Jensen, 2. Jared, 3. Misha....

When I was still at home this was the only show my parents let me watch after 6. It didn't have sex or too much violence (or so my parents thought). Tells you how many eppies they watched with me.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I think I actually hurt myself laughing at this week's episode. Sam explaining Wincest to Dean ... it ... it just ... *dies*

Awesome show. Now that Burn Notice and Battlestar Galactica are off air Supernatural is my #1 ongoing TV show.

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
"I am the prophet....Chuck"

"I mean writing yourself into the story is one thing, but as a prophet? That is like M. Night-level doucheness."

"You should have seen Luke."

anne_marie

Registered
Reaction score
"I mean writing yourself into the story is one thing, but as a prophet? That is like M. Night-level doucheness."

"You should have seen Luke."

That line about Luke made me die laughing!!!!

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
What I loved was twitchy!Cas. Misha Collins has to work to show that level of emotion without it being on his face. (and thus, I love him. =])

Jensen and Misha play so well off each other. I adore their scenes because it gives a new emotional depth to the show. The struggle between the two is so heartfelt, because Dean is trying to figure out his place in the world and Castiel is trying to figure out emotions (thus setting us up for what look like a fall).

And this scene was classic. It was suppose to be terrifying but Castiel/Misha's face! Let me explain.

"If anything threatens a prophet, anything at all, an archangel will appear to destroy that threat. Archangels are fierce. They are absolute. They are heaven's most terrifying weapon."
"These archangels...they're tied to prophets?"
"Yes."
"So. If a prophet was in the same room as a demon -"
"Then the most fearsome wrath of heaven would rain down on that demon. Just so you understand, why I can't help."
"Thanks Cas."
"Good Luck."

Subtext (or at least as I read it)

"I'm not doing anything wrong! But these dudes would totally take out anything IF Chuck is in the same room with Lilith *hint hint nudge nudge*!"
"Why are you doing this Cas?"
"Because I'm not as big of an unfeeling ass as you think I am. That's Zachariah."
"So, get the drunk writer in the room with the bitch -!"
"I didn't help you come up with it, but yeah, she'll buuurrrrnnnn! And don't tell anyone I helped you. And no one better have been listening to us!"
"Dude, if this wouldn't constitute as a chick flick moment, I would KISS YOU!"
"Please don't."

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
ROFL mam! That was one of my favorite moments of that episode. That and the 'long flowing' hair on the cover of the first book. They are always finding new ways to make me laugh and I love it.

"Oh! you're still there."
"Yup."
"You're not a hallucination."
"Nope."
"Well, there's only one explanation...obviously, I'm a god."
"You're not a god."
"How else do you explain it? I write things and then they come to life. Yeah, no, I'm definitely a god. A cruel, cruel, capricious god..."

"...I toyed with your lives, your emotions, for entertainment..."

mamaesme

Registered
Reaction score
"Well, there's only one explanation...obviously, I'm a god."
"You're not a god."
"How else do you explain it? I write things and then they come to life. Yeah, no, I'm definitely a god. A cruel, cruel, capricious god..."

= Kripke

(OH! SPN was on sale at Target today! I got Seasons 1 and 3 for $19 dollars each. Season 3 was sold out. =[)

Oh God, the HAIR! First thoughts were: "Oh dear lord, SPN got turned into a romance novel."

Quotes:
"I'm sitting in a laundromat reading about myself sitting in a laundromat reading about myself. My head hurts."

"Guess what you do next? 'Sam turned his back on Dean, his face brooding and pensive.' I mean, I don't know how he's doing it, but the guy is doing it. I can't see your face, but those are definitely your brooding and pensive shoulders."

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I definitely need to rewatch that episode. SPN is one of the very few shows I actually watch the night it's on. Put down the book, the Neo, notebook, everything and just focus on the show. I love this show! That scene in the laundry had me laughing so hard I had tears flowing.

Fox The Cave

I get cancer. I kill Jack.
Registered
Reaction score
Yep it does - and the summary for next weeks episode definitely raises a few eyebrows.

...a long lost brother that John secretly fathered gets in contact with Sam and Dean.

The episode's called "Jump the Shark".
At least the writers have a sense of humour about it.

I actually trust the Supernatural writers not to fuck this up - Season four has been absolutely brilliant, despite a few odd decisions (I thought "On the Head of a Pin" had too much plot crammed into one episode and should have been spread out across the four filler eps before it).

And Castiel is awesome, favourite new character on any tv show by far.

Ever notice how much he says, "Dean..."?

I'm actually writing a Castiel parody for my videoblog right now.