The Bouncy Castle in Space

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
It IS!!!!

I can't wait to see the faces in the morning. And the best news is, we're supposed to have snow all day tomorrow!!!!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Hi all!
I survived the Christmas rush at work. Thought I'd stop by to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Hopefully, I'll be around a little more now.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all you bouncy folks! I'm way more excited by the presents I'm giving than the ones I'm getting. I could never have kids because I'd probably go broke buying presents for them, lol

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a fantastic day. :D

In other news... I'm moving this weekend. So, with the packing, and the settling, and the waiting for the cable/internet guy to show up, I probably won't be around much for a few weeks. Don't get any ideas, though. The scary dragon mod will be in charge. :Thumbs:

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Hope everyone had a happy/merry Christmas (circle as applicable)! That's it for me as far as holiday celebrations go - I'm too claustrophobic to go to any New Years celebrations (by which I mean the crowds in London give me panic attacks), so I usually stay at home playing games and miss the countdown completely! But y'all enjoy yourselves XDD

Dave

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you on the crowds, Dave. I shall stay home. Maybe I'll still be awake at midnight, we shall see. Likely my 8 yo will be awake reading Captain Underpants with his hurricane lamp under his covers, as he was at midnight the last two nights, and I shall be snoring away happily.

His comment, "Wow, this is a really great writer. Until I read Captain Underpants, I couldn't understand why other people said reading was fun. Now I get it."

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the same as you two. Way too much noise and too many people to go out and enjoy it. Will probably just stay at home with a nice glass of baileys. Happy New Year to everyone on the Bouncy Castle.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back in Eugene visiting my folks. Very cozy but it's freezing here! Tonight is my friend's birthday, tomorrow a big dinner to celebrate my dad retiring, and on NYe we are going out to a pizza place/pub. How much of a small town is this when the best bar act for New Years is a kid I went to Sunday school, middle school, high school, and college with? Should be a good time. It's impossible to go anywhere without running into people I used to know ten years ago but have now forgotten their names.

Happy New Years Bouncing Eve to all!

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Bouncing right now! My new website is finally uploaded. Well, the basics, anyway. I'm updating articles and info from my old site, which is taking longer as I'm spending so much time getting my MG ready to query plus my pitch for pitchwars.

It needs more editing, but, it's there! I added a twitter link today, too. :)

www.nicolacall.com

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
It looks great, Nicola! And I love your 8-year-old's comment about reading!

That's a great looking site, Nicola! Makes me kinda jealous... I'll never be able to make a site anywhere near that good, or afford a domain name :(

I made my website through webs.com - believe me, I have nooooo know-how, but they have super easy templates. I kept mine simpler than it has to be - I have the capability to have a lot more images and video on there than I do. I pay $95/year for the Enhanced package because I make my living as a freelance writer and it's nice to have a few of the extra features. But they have a free level (with ads) and a starter level that's $3.75/month. Mine is here.

I'm another one who stays in on New Year's Eve. And not just because I have small kids. Not big on crowds or parties or late nights. Will probably watch a movie with the hubby and only kiss at midnight if we still happen to be awake. :)

Nightmelody

Registered
Reaction score
Intro

I usually hang around romance or self publishing, but recently decided 2013 was the year to get back to my first love, kidlit. I'm writing a middle grade steampunk adventure for girls. Pure fun! Started a blog under my other name since steamy romance readers won't cross over!

Have no idea what I'll do with this when it's finished. Not really thinking self publish unless the kid market changes. I suspect I'll be doing the submission grind.

I followed some of you on twitter as Beckie.

http://clanksandclicks.blogspot.com/

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
That's a great looking site, Nicola! Makes me kinda jealous... I'll never be able to make a site anywhere near that good, or afford a domain name :(

Dave

It's not as expensive as you'd think. I did pay someone this time as I was doing it myself and going around in circles, so figured my time was better spent elsewhere. But there are a lot of free or inexpensive places to build and host. Or, find a college student in need of a job and get him/her to build you a site. This is second nature to a lot of youngsters and I bet you could find someone who'd jump at the chance.

Our theater company has an 11 yo build and maintain their website for them - it amazes me, but this young girl has skills and does it for fun!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Your site is lovely and professional, Britwriter! And your PB series looks adorable. I didn't see the 8-year-old's comment Dave referred to, and I'm curious ... what did she say?

Welcome to the kid threads, Nightmelody.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
No, I'm completely confused. It was Joy who said that. :e2smack:

:) Here it is:

I'm with you on the crowds, Dave. I shall stay home. Maybe I'll still be awake at midnight, we shall see. Likely my 8 yo will be awake reading Captain Underpants with his hurricane lamp under his covers, as he was at midnight the last two nights, and I shall be snoring away happily.

His comment, "Wow, this is a really great writer. Until I read Captain Underpants, I couldn't understand why other people said reading was fun. Now I get it."

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S, EVERYONE.

Welcome, Nightmelody (love the name)

I'm so excited because it is actually SNOWING!!! at my house. Big, fluffy flakes, and tomorrow is my birthday, so it's a wonderful birthday gift. I'll sit and watch the birds at the feeders in the snow.

And we were going to a family party, but the bad weather has resulted in a cancellation, so I get to watch it snow for hours on end.

(sigh) Gotta go make some hot chocolate now.

Everyone please stay safe.

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, snow, how lovely! Drizzle here. Again. :(

Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe and warm. Looking forward to sharing everyone's writerly adventures in 2013. :)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year! Hoping for many happy bouncings, double chocolate cupcakes, and productive writing times to everyone this year.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone!

Welcome to the bouncy castle, Nightmelody! Smish - I know you're busy, but I hope your move is going well!

I spent the week between Xmas and New Year's in Mexico, and now I'm back and waiting for my digestive system to return to normal function (sorry, TMI, I suppose). I hope everyone had an awesome holiday. It's funny how a simple calendar change can make you feel optimistic. I hope everyone has a great 2013!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!

Had a quiet celebration at home due to bad roads, but that's fine with me. Served sparkling apple juice to the kids at midnight, and the next morning the little one wanted to know if she could have some more sprinkle juice.

New Year's Day is my birthday, and I stayed home in my jammies all day and read new books and ate b-day cake and was terribly lazy. Early afternoon one of the possums came out and feasted on cat food. The little one spied him and yelled, "The pasta's in the cat food, Nana!"

She cracks me up.