Last Movie You Watched...

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
The Shawshank Redemption, Wrath of the Titans and now The Running Man. My Saturday night :e2bouncey

Shawshank is my aaaaallllll time favorite movie. I may have seen it thirty times :)

I watched "I Sell the Dead" last night, zombie flick set in 1800's England. Pretty friggin' entertaining, if you like zombie movies, which I do. A lot. There may be something wrong with me...:)

TorontoGirl

Write on, write on...
Registered
Reaction score
Shawshank is my aaaaallllll time favorite movie. I may have seen it thirty times :)

I watched "I Sell the Dead" last night, zombie flick set in 1800's England. Pretty friggin' entertaining, if you like zombie movies, which I do. A lot. There may be something wrong with me...:)

I'll have to check that one out. I saw a really cheesy one a while ago where the zombies were actually swimming under water to attack their victims. That was a first for me since I didn't know they could swim :D. I can't remember the name of the movie but it was pretty bad :D Oh and there's nothing wrong with you. Like me, you appreciate ALL kinds of zombie movies, good and bad ;)

Have you seen Deadheads? My brother recommended it to me and I couldn't stop laughing.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The Legend of Hell House--Roddy McDowell haunted house movie from the 70s. I remember being scared and fascinated when I saw it as a teenager. It certianly doesn't scare me now, but it was a fun bit of nostalgia. Plus, Richard Matheson wrote the screenplay.

Mistiko

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I saw was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Again.

AdrianLynn

I haunt QLH
Registered
Reaction score
Watched Moneyball. Not a horrible movie, but really far too long.

druid12000

Registered
Reaction score
I'll have to check that one out. I saw a really cheesy one a while ago where the zombies were actually swimming under water to attack their victims. That was a first for me since I didn't know they could swim :D. I can't remember the name of the movie but it was pretty bad :D Oh and there's nothing wrong with you. Like me, you appreciate ALL kinds of zombie movies, good and bad ;)

Have you seen Deadheads? My brother recommended it to me and I couldn't stop laughing.

I have seen 'Deadheads' and it is hilarious :)

I'm wondering if the one you mention where the zombies were swimming is 'Land of the Dead'? Did it have John Leguizamo and Simon Baker in it? The zombies start becoming cognizant and 'swim' across the Hudson river to take over a human stronghold. It's a George A. Romero film. Worth a watch, if you haven't seen it.

TorontoGirl

Write on, write on...
Registered
Reaction score
I have seen 'Deadheads' and it is hilarious :)

I'm wondering if the one you mention where the zombies were swimming is 'Land of the Dead'? Did it have John Leguizamo and Simon Baker in it? The zombies start becoming cognizant and 'swim' across the Hudson river to take over a human stronghold. It's a George A. Romero film. Worth a watch, if you haven't seen it.

I haven't seen that one. I'll add it to the list. I had to do some digging but this is the one: House of the Dead
I'm sending a pm

druid12000

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen that one. I'll add it to the list. I had to do some digging but this is the one: House of the Dead
I'm sending a pm

I'll have to check that out, I may have seen part of it, sounds really familiar.

I got so wrapped up in the zombies I forgot to mention the last movie I watched. "Die". It had a definite 'Saw' feel to it, but with some interesting twists. Not bad but not great either.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Just saw The Dark Knight Rises. I will probably have to watch it again. The first pass through I couldn't understand half of what Sean Connery Bane was saying.

It was good. Not great. Not fabulous. A good-door closing on a movie franchise. Too many 'what the hell/where did THAT come from/how did they know THAT' moments. Maybe a second viewing will up my squee factor on this.

Dodge

Sparks fly off my pages!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dodgewinston.com
Watched Looper last night. Was surprised how good it was. Based on the previews, I didn't want to see it. After reading IMDB and the average of 4 stars, we watched it. The plot took me in a direction I didn't expect. Fine job and thumbs up.

Check it out.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
(A)Sexual, a documentary on people who have no interest in sex. It was okay. Before that I watched Chronicle, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Saw The Hobbit today in the theater. OMG. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. I is happy. :D

TorontoGirl

Write on, write on...
Registered
Reaction score
Currently watching Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
I LOVE TCM!!

220px-Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_poster.jpg

AdrianLynn

I haunt QLH
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched American Breakdown, a collection of short films. I got it off of Netflix and the reviews almost scared me away but I like some of the featured actors so I watched anyway. I'm glad I did! Not all the films were good and not all are going to be to the taste of everyone, but it's very worth a watch.

druid12000

Registered
Reaction score
The Plague. Does Clive Barker write anything that's not drenched in gallons of stage blood?

I'm a huge Clive Barker fan and hadn't even heard of that one!!?! I'll have to check it out, though it's not based on any of his stories.

You want one with plenty of blood that is based on one of his stories and actually stays true to the original, try 'Midnight Meat Train'. Oh yeah, the title says it all :)

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Just finished watching The Thing, 2011. Oh my god, those horrible spider crab things with whipping tentacles and huge lamprey-like mouths and pincers and long piercing tongue thingies. Then they had people's faces. I don't like that.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Static (aka Glitch). 2 hot, attractive, young inventors and 1 angry, scruffy, young inventor can't get funding for their brain-implant-cell-phone-chip. So they make themselves the test subjects. What could possibly go wrong? :tongue

lebbieb

Registered
Reaction score
Silver Linings Playbook. Loved it.

Guilt Trip. Ehh. I've seen worse.