Password Problems

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I have a Yahoo email account I can't get into. I changed the password a few weeks ago and and few days later forgot it. No biggie, just click "I forgot my password" and I'll make a new one. Or it would be no biggie if Yahoo didn't keep insisting I need a stronger password. I've used everything they asked for in a strong password - numbers, capitol letters, over 8 characters - but to no avail. They won't even let me go on to the next step so I can access my account now and think of something stronger later! :rant:

Any advice on strong passwords that Yahoo will accept? Or should I try to contact them with my non-Yahoo email and ask them what the ^&$# is going on? I suspect I've got an important message in my box and I really need to sign in and check.

Thanks!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
My latest Yahoo password from a couple of months ago

CAPITAL LETTER small small small small small small number number

So, a capital letter followed by six small letters and then two different numbers

I think you need to have 2 "special" characters - at least one capital letter and then at least one number

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Numbers, caps and lower case letters, and also a symbol, (such as & * $ #) It seems you have to have each type of character represented.

I just had to change my yahoo password because some government jamoke sent an email to me and 148 others without blind copying us. But when I made the change apparently I made a mistake typing and I could not get it accepted until I tried again. I used the exact same one I'd made up, made sure I typed correctly and it worked fine the second day.

Do you have a second email account, such as gmail? You might want to use that to contact your important message sender and alert them, and ask them to use the gmail for now.

And yeah, if adding a symbol to your password doesn't work, I definitely would try to contact yahoo.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some of my passwords from the past, which Yahoo accepted:

[redacted on advice from someone I trust]

Essentially, I take a short phrase I can remember--lines from an ad, a song, whatever--and capitalize each word, then replace the vowels with non-alphabetic characters or with numbers.

And I keep track of what my passwords are, but not on my computer.

Maryn, suggesting @bs0lut3Wr1t3R0x

Last edited:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
WTF, Yahoo?!

Tried to log into my e-mail account today; Yahoo claimed that either my address or my password were invalid! :Headbang:

I wrote down my latest password last month so I wouldn't forget it. I typed it in exactly like I had it written. I tried a few variants just in case. I tried it on my laptop and the family computer. Yahoo still won't accept my password! To add insult to injury, when I tried to log in on my laptop, Yahoo made me use some freaky word verification thing before they told me my password was invalid! :rant:

What now?

MatthewDBrammer

Registered
Reaction score
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but the real, genuine solution here is to not use Yahoo.

There's a list a mile long of problems with their software, their servers, their security, and their business in general. There's a reason that company is on the decline.