How to edit a thread title?

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't find this question so here it goes. Before I would just like double click on the title and it would allow me to edit it but now it doesn't. How do you edit the titles now?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go to Edit, then click Go Advanced. It will let you edit the thread title there.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm strange, it edits the thread title on the one post but not the thread title as a whole.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you going to the very first post?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do me a favor, try again.

Go to your original post (the first post in the thread), then Edit, then Go Advanced, then edit the thread title.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Still not working. So when I edit it, it edits the title of my first post, but when I go to the actual forum page where you click on the thread itself it keeps it the same. I am basically trying to change the number in the title so people don't get confused on which post I am referring to. The link I am referring to is: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273631

So you will notice the first post, has the number 95 in the title, but when you go back to the forum page, the old number 83 is in the title.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on. I'll get heyjude to change it tomorrow. I see you have posted a notice to see post 95 in the first post, so that will work for now.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah. Thanks to Ari for pointing out that the original poster's ability to change a thread title only last for a week; after that the forum moderator or an administrator will have to change the title if requested.

I'm a moderator, but I can't change a title in SYW. I will get heyjude or one of the administrators to take care of it tomorrow.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Ah. Thanks to Ari for pointing out that the original poster's ability to change a thread title only last for a week; after that the forum moderator or an administrator will have to change the title if requested.

I'm a moderator, but I can't change a title in SYW. I will get heyjude or one of the administrators to take care of it tomorrow.

Appreciate the update, thank you!

I hate to be a burden but since I can't change the title could we just take the number out all together so people don't get confused? I am really sorry again to be a burden.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
You know, pk, if y'all stopped asking us to do helpful little things for ya, Mac wouldn't need us anymore and we'd be out of jobs. That would make us sad. :cry:

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm sure Ari enjoys feeling useful and needed.

Maryn, empty nester

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ah. Thanks to Ari for pointing out that the original poster's ability to change a thread title only last for a week
I totally didn't know this. You learn something new every day. Or at least once a week.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What? Use the FAQs? That's crazy talk

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I know, right? Had to do it, though; thread title changes happen a lot in AE&BP. ;)

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When you can no longer change a thread title, it's probably best to send a PM to one of the moderators of whatever forum the thread is in.