The Opposite of "Subscribe to Forum"

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
I am looking for a way to "ignore" some of the forums here. Can that be done?

For example, when I sign on, I often head over to the "New Posts" link. As anyone who has clicked on that knows, that will show you everything that's been posted that you haven't read -- which in one day will often be a huge list of posts. However, there are a number of forums that get a good bit of activity that I just don't want to read. I'm looking for a way I can see all the new posts, but exclude some forums entirely.

I do realize that I can subscribe to individual forums, but I'm hoping to avoid that option -- I'd choose to subscribe to nearly every forum, I only want to avoid a few forums, and I'd love to see when things appear in forums that I wouldn't normally subscribe to.

Does anyone know if anything like that can be done?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, as far as I know there isn't.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
If it's a passworded one, like SYW, you can sign out and log back in and that forum will disappear in your New Post timeline. But for regular ones, I don't know that there is. What I tend to do is watch the right side of the screen and avoid those threads in rooms that don't interest me. :Shrug:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
The only way I can think of is to go to an advanced search and manually select the forums you want to look in.

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
Thanks for the tips, folks. I was just hoping to find a way to reduce the size of that "New Posts" list, but I'll be sure to try out some of these ideas, too.