• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Question about formatting contest entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateCat

Registered
Reaction score
I'm preparing to send out a manuscript through Submittable to a short fiction contest. The guidelines don't say to leave my identifying information off the document. Should I anyway? I've always thought that's how contests are done, but every other contest I've entered explicitly required no name on the manuscript itself. Is there such a thing as a contest not reading blind? If I leave my name off will my story somehow get lost in Submittable limbo? Is this a stupid question? The contest is run by a well-known, mainstream literary magazine.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place; I'm brand new here! :)

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
Can you contact the magazine to ask? It's often best to go to the source. Plus, if the guidelines contain an oversight, they might be happy to know.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Contests are done every which way, and leaving you name and contact information is only one way. Leaving contact information off is not even the most common way, in my experience. If the contest guidelines say nothing about leaving it off, then don't leave it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.