The MTS Braggatorium

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone! I just sold a short story, "Inigo Montoya" to Spinetingler. I'll let you know when it comes out. I'm thrilled, this is the first story of mine they've bought.

:hooray:

Congratulations! What an intriguing title... different character, jesey?

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Skip the thread for a couple of weeks and look what happens!
Congratulations knightrunnermat, triceratops, wonderactivist (Wow! What a roll!), Sandy and jeseymour (and anyone else I've left out.). It's so encouraging to check out this thread.

I just got word that my mystery/suspense novel, Invisible Ink, has passed through the reader stage at Poisoned Pen Press and is now on the acquisitions editor's desk waiting for a read.

Nothing to celebrate yet, but I could sure use some of those positive thoughts!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
:TheWave:

Hooray jeseymour and happywritermom! Jesey, please let us know when it's going to press so we can all pick one up and tell our friends we knew you when. And Sandy, I can't wait to get to know you.

And triceretops, when is Wolfen Stain available?

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
:hooray:

Congratulations! What an intriguing title... different character, jesey?

Okay, so you all know who Inigo Montoya is, right? My writer's group told me to change the title, because they didn't get it. Well, one person got it. It's actually a Kevin Markinson story, and it involves a son looking for revenge, hence the title. Which is from Princess Bride. In case anybody didn't know that. :Shrug:

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Jeseymour, I didn't know, but it didn't matter. I still like the title. I'd probably be intrigued enough to look it up.

Thanks, wonderactivist and Hey Jude! She just allowed me to resend a newer version of the manuscript that included revisions suggested by an agent as well.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
You mean there's an age limit!? I can quote practically the entire movie. :D

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Just as a point, I don't think Alice mentioned she was on A.M. Buffalo (local morning TV show) in January for her new book Back in the Habit. Thought I'd mention it because I recently caught the video but now I can't find it! Poop, I wanted to share. She did a great job (not to mention mentioning AW.) :D

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Just listened! Great interview Callalily61! I used to hang out at the convents when I was a kid and visit with the nuns. They make the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great interview, callalily, you handled it like a pro. I especially loved the bit where the male presenter admitted he wrote screenplays and knew all about rejection.:D

sandy gardner

Registered
Reaction score
hi,
thanks, happywritermom! and thanks, wonderactivist-- would like to get to know you, too -- (and all the other fellow mystery writers here!). BSP: my guest post on Mystery Writing is Murder (Elizabeth Craig's blog) was posted yesterday: The Who, What and Where of Characters and Story. My interview with Patricia Gligor for her Writers' Forum is scheduled for June 10. Having a great time with all this-- but also trying to get work done on the second book in the MOTHER series.
Sandy Gardner
[email protected]

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
hi,
thanks, happywritermom! and thanks, wonderactivist-- would like to get to know you, too -- (and all the other fellow mystery writers here!). BSP: my guest post on Mystery Writing is Murder (Elizabeth Craig's blog) was posted yesterday: The Who, What and Where of Characters and Story. My interview with Patricia Gligor for her Writers' Forum is scheduled for June 10. Having a great time with all this-- but also trying to get work done on the second book in the MOTHER series.
Sandy Gardner
[email protected]

Awesome sandy!