Just curious, where do you get most of your traffic from?

bananamelissa

Climbing the mountain of life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
melissa-field.com
I see Linkedin as a place I can be online and connecting with people. That's what I meant by an alternative to Facebook. It has a different purpose and a different set of people and intentions. I'm taking my time figuring out what it is I do there, because I agree that going around pimping what I have isn't in anyone's best interest. I connected with a guy on there that did a free review of my blog and that was one of the first times I started to enjoy the site. I've also started to follow Richard Branson, and I enjoy his blog posts. I do think they're personal in nature, but perhaps they offer more value because he's offering insight into what makes him a success.

So I guess since this thread was about blog traffic, I would say LinkedIN isn't really a place to gain any. As WriterBN said it can be annoying to try and hawk your stuff there. But I do think it's a great place to connect, potentially with someone that will help you in a different way..

Laura15

Registered
Reaction score
Website
boatsagainstthecurrent.net
As my blog is still relatively new (and I'm not to good with SEO!) I don't really get much traffic through Google, so I'd say most of mine comes through Twitter and Bloglovin (so from my existing followers). I also recently did a guest post, and for a few days after that my traffic increased a lot!

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I made About.Me's 'who's popular' page today and as of right now I'm getting 500 hits an hour to my profile there with bleed off to Twitter, Facebook and my website all happening.

http://about.me/williammeikle

The dashed annoying thing is, I've no idea how it happened.

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
I get most of my traffic from search engines and from the links in my various forum signatures.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I made About.Me's 'who's popular' page today and as of right now I'm getting 500 hits an hour to my profile there with bleed off to Twitter, Facebook and my website all happening.

http://about.me/williammeikle

The dashed annoying thing is, I've no idea how it happened.

this happened to me once... One day Hard Hobbit to Break became "StumbledUpon" and I got like... thousands and thousands of hits. Then it went away.

Fun while it lasted though.

To answer OP, my traffic has traditionally been from reddit. iBola.us was pretty evenly split last night though: we did about 48% reddit, 40% twitter, and the remainder Facebook/Google search.

When HH2B was active, it was about 90% reddit traffic.

missbluestocking

Registered
Reaction score
I blog about period dramas along with my own writing (historical fiction) so most of my hits come from searching up "period drama 2014"

screenscope

Registered
Reaction score
To early for me to notice a pattern, but most come from sites like this where I have my signature or from posts on various Facebook writer sites. I haven't done a great deal of promotion yet.