Are You on Google+?

henmatth

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Few short articles in Google
Need to and must keep
It's the number one search engine
and you need to keep up especially with technology.

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
https://plus.google.com/101744471063694341237/posts?hl=en

I've starting using this more for one major reason. If I post a message, it shouldn't necessarily be visible to everyone and their next door dog. There is are times where I really need to voice my opinion that's actually my own.

"author platform" twitter is much better at suppressing individuality than supporting it. What boggles my mind, is people still insisting that twitter is the more private social network. Not if you can't set the privacy on your own individual posts.

Plus not having to listen to contradictory stuff like: you should start in media res, you should not start in media res. I don't need that kind of nonsense when I'm trying to pound out a first draft.

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I started using it in the beginning, but then my feed was filled with nothing but spam, "Read my new book!" "Look at my new project!" It seemed all that and none of the social friends aspect of Facebook. In fact, I found it seemed to have a very "you scratch my back, I'l scratch yours" kind of vibe. People would only comment or +1 a post if you had recently done the same to them. I must still be active because every once in a while I get a notification that someone added me. Maybe I'll give it another look, but unless its gotten more friendly, I probably won't use it consistently.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I have a Google+ account but haven't used it. Whenever I have notifications, it's the same person posting blog links. Some day, maybe. I don't know.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I started using it in the beginning, but then my feed was filled with nothing but spam, "Read my new book!" "Look at my new project!" It seemed all that and none of the social friends aspect of Facebook. In fact, I found it seemed to have a very "you scratch my back, I'l scratch yours" kind of vibe. People would only comment or +1 a post if you had recently done the same to them. I must still be active because every once in a while I get a notification that someone added me. Maybe I'll give it another look, but unless its gotten more friendly, I probably won't use it consistently.
Unencircle (or whatever the equivalent to defriend) those people! People gaming social media are negative and drag everything and everyone down.

My link is in my sig under 'obscure' (didn't I post here before?) - feel free to encircle/follow me or whatever it is. I may someday actually drop Facebook (since I don't see everything from everyone I follow anyway, now that FB "curates" the feed), and I'd rather have the people there on G+.

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Yes I am using Google +

I personally believe that Google + is an awesome social media website. It has more features than Facebook. I have so many friend request circles so I don’t think it will allow me to add more people.

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
https://plus.google.com/u/0/

Still doesn't beat Diaspora or Movim, but it's there. I will note, I'm probably transferring my whole platform I'm building to these eventually.

Much much less ... claustrophobic than Twitter.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I have 250,000 followers on Google+, but very little engagement.

Such a strange social media venue.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamieFordWriter/posts
Yeah, I get on G+ maybe twice a month whether I really need to or not. Looks like you do a good bit pf posting there.

I wonder what the stats are of "active" members, how many get on G+ every day, every week, once a month, the last six months, how many forgot what G+ is...

Last edited:

fivetoesten

Registered
Reaction score
If I may ask...what is better G+ or LinkedIn?

It's an apples/oranges comparison. Linkedin a self-described "professional network". You make connections related to your current or prospective career. Google Plus is slightly like Facebook. I'm on both.

Mikaelra

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LuminousLiving.com
I'm on it. It's growing slowly and steadily. I think Facebook is past its peak and people are diversifying...

https://plus.google.com/+MichaelAlperstein/posts

If you are not on at all, I suggest joining and popping in now and then... It's pretty good for finding like-minded people

Also worth joining: Ello.co There is a growing writers community on there.

Last edited: