Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisabetta

Watching the world go by
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethloupas.com
Crawling up out of the primordial ooze to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a gladsome New Year.

Remember the short story I sold to a Scottish magazine back around the time The Fl0wer Reader came out? No, you probably don't. Well, anyway, the magazine has kindly given me permission to offer the story on my blog, in a PDF version complete with their beautiful artwork. Absolutely free, of course. So here it is, if you'd like a few minutes (it's very short) of historical/romantic diversion:

The Eve of Saint Agnes

Hugs and sparkly dust and cookies with sprinkles to all! :)

Last edited:

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
LRB, congrats to young LRB!

If Lily's doing absinthe, no wonder we haven't seen much of her.

Company party is over. As far as I'm concerned, it was success. Anyone who disagrees, can bite me.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
*wondering what I said where to have the FB1 and the departm&nt of def&nse visit my blog today. I cam't imagine my hobbit pet names post is all that worrisome*

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, probably has more to do with keywords from your presidential kiddos. :)

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*starts rolling bubble around purgatory*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Errr... Lily is at home doing absinthe?

Hee hee hee hee hee.

I was also finishing this:
smallstockingpic.jpg

It's only about 2" longer and 1/2" wider than the ones my mom's friend made for all of us at various times, so we're going to make it a joke: It's a little taller than CB's because GF is a little taller than he is. :evil

:e2thud:

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*wondering what I said where to have the FB1 and the departm&nt of def&nse visit my blog today. I cam't imagine my hobbit pet names post is all that worrisome*

I regularly have someone from the Florida D0T visit mine. I've ceased waiting for a barrage of traffic fines and decided it must just be a fan. A fan who likes constant updates.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
AAAAAAAAARGH. Next time I try to argue with a stupid person on the internet, will someone PLEASE SLAP ME? (Not here, somewhere else.) Gah. I do this like once every six months and get all worked up and why? For nothing. Blarg.

Also, I am pretty sure a Purgie sent me a friend request on fb. His real-life initials are RC. Just want to make sure before I accept, though - that's someone here, right?

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAARGH. Next time I try to argue with a stupid person on the internet, will someone PLEASE SLAP ME? (Not here, somewhere else.) Gah. I do this like once every six months and get all worked up and why? For nothing. Blarg.

Also, I am pretty sure a Purgie sent me a friend request on fb. His real-life initials are RC. Just want to make sure before I accept, though - that's someone here, right?

I believe that's our Rick.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's Vandal, I do believe.

Maryn, font of knowledge

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Evening, Purgatory! A quick catch up:

Yay, Dawn! :hooray:

Good luck moving, Leanan!

(((ink)))

Yay for your daughter receiving law school acceptances, LRB!

I love absinthe, but I think I'm at the point where I can't do it anymore.

Hugs and yays for everyone I've missed.

Am off to (finally) check out Clovia's video, but I also realised I never posted my 2013 writing goals:

- finish revising the Alice book; critique and rewrite as necessary, then query it.
- draft either the YA traditional fantasy, or the YA psychotic ghost book. If possible, get them to critique people before the end of the year. If I can possibly manage it, get it to query point should the Alice book not work out.
- blog more.

Last edited:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Per a Twitter conversation I had with our dear LGwenn last night, I would like to say this about my job. Wawa skittletits.

(It's what you say when there isn't anything nice to say)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
So I had Sharkbite decorate some material which I'm going to make into a pillowcase for Daddy. He chose to draw weeping faces. With tears.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
So I had Sharkbite decorate some material which I'm going to make into a pillowcase for Daddy. He chose to draw weeping faces. With tears.

That's good that he is focusing on reading emotions. We have an old picture book just for that. It's got monsters making faces and talks about when a monster is sad or angry or happy. It's such a necessary skill for humans to be able to read faces that it's amazing to think about the learning process behind it.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Okay, what am I missing? Like I said, I had about 1/2 shot of absinthe + the right proportion of water and with the flaming sugar method. It was nice (I like anise), but it didn't knock me out or have any lasting effects.

:e2shrug:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
That's good that he is focusing on reading emotions. We have an old picture book just for that. It's got monsters making faces and talks about when a monster is sad or angry or happy. It's such a necessary skill for humans to be able to read faces that it's amazing to think about the learning process behind it.

LOL! Thank you for this positive interpretation. I will tell Daddy when he opens it and wonders what his child is thinking of him. ;) (Actually Sharkbite thought he was being pretty clever, I think.)

Status
Not open for further replies.