The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, my father would have been like "Grow up, get out there, and learn to drive in the snow." But then, my dad's lived in Ithaca and Syracuse. And he's not a control freak. :rolleyes:

My dad might've offered to drop me off and pick me up, since we rarely worked the same hours back in the day.

But now that I am both required to and have driven in Level-3 snow emergencies, when I'm basically the only vehicle legally allowed to be on the road, I don't express much reluctance to drive in the snow. However, I am, er, not particularly happy to see the fluff stuff coming.:rant:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The more I think about the situation with the Princess Whose Daddy Said Not to Drive the more pissy it makes me. Yes, she should not be letting her parent make such decisions. Yes, she should accept responsibilities as her own adult woman. But the thing that makes me angriest is that if it's unsafe for her to drive in it, how is it okay to demand that someone else drive to cover her shift?

I'm back from a spate of errands. Traffic is pretty bad out there. Later I have to be in the general area of a mall. For once I'm glad that this, the closest mall, is not doing so well. Maybe the trip won't be crazy as I get near it.

Maryn, fingers crossed

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I'm guessing Princess is just using her daddy as an excuse because she's lazy.

Making headway on my giant list of things which need to be done before, oh, tomorrow and then the next day and then Christmas. Only thing that seems to have fallen between the cracks is my second good bra. I CAN'T FIND IT. :gaah

It's always the little things...

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
*sings* You remind me of the Purgs (what Purgs) The Purgs with the Power (what power) The Power of Bra-Doo (who do) YOU DO Remind me of the Purgs.

*relurk*

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are too fast for me.

(retreats back to writing cave)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Heehee, LG!

The power of Bra-Doo -- does that work on missing socks, or is that just asking too much?

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Socks are beyond the power of even the Goblin King

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Hahaha, bra-finding powers, nice!

Glad everyone is staying safe in the snow (it's sunny but freezing here, but we've had our share of snow so far, too.)

How someone in their mid-twenties can still be completely dependent on their parents' say-so is honestly beyond me. I call BS/laziness and I'm sorry your husband has to pick up her slack, Tas. :crazy:

Thanks for all the hair piece love, gang. Alas, I usually don't have time for this kind of stuff and it would probably be kind of expensive in the long run. I usually do with my jewelry what I do with my clothes: find random stuff and throw it together until it looks okay. :)

I'm boring today. Took various highlighters to the planner the school where I'll be teaching gave me and marked up A/B days, days I have off, professional development days, spring break etc. so I know what I'm looking at until mid-April. Have to say things usually look much better once they are neatly categorized. Though I'm still intimidated as hell. :tongue

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday. I need to get off my butt and get stuff done today.

~Dys, notoriously bad at being lazy. Sigh.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Taking a break from Christmas/birthday preparations to work on my typeset pages, which were due two days ago. (Although I did get an extension!)

Yeeeeeeah.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Dys, College Boy just called with his semester GPA: 3.07. This is the Everest of brilliance on his part, since he spent all of middle school AND the first 3 years of HS slacking off, blowing off studying, and generally paying attention only to music and soccer. He got a clue his senior year in HS.

You leave him in the dust. :)

kiddo, OTOH, has a 99.76 for the semester,and he's POd. He's been busting his hump to get a 100--his personal goal.

Kids are vastly different. Who knew? :tongue

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
So true, Lily. I was your straight-A student throughout high school, and the one B I got just... okay, let's face it, I'm STILL pissed about that. (It was speech, the teacher was horrible, totally subjective grading. He took delight in teaching me a "lesson" by killing my 4.0.)

College? Once I figured out you didn't need straight A's to get a diploma? Bwahahaha!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kids are vastly different. Who knew? :tongue
I could tell when I changed our son's diapers. He was different from our daughter.

Maryn, who changed so many diapers her knees were grey-brown with callus for years

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Lily, I actually have quite a few people in my English teaching class who say they have been terrible students until things clicked into place and quite a few of them are seriously brilliant, so I'm far from knocking anyone's academic accomplishments - go CB! :)

Also, bummer for kiddo. I know how that one goes. (As a matter of fact one of my HS teachers ticked me off so much giving me an A- that I was determined to stick it to him for the next two or so years. We're still laughing about that one. ;) And that wasn't even the math teacher who I told off in front of the whole class before leaving. Now that next day in class was...interesting - we actually never had any problems since. Other than my general problem with math. :tongue)

Which reminds me, I apparently need to compile a list of professors to email/annoy about writing letters of recommendation for me. Apparently those are handy to have for teaching job applications. Also, I need to bite the bullet and write a resume. Meep.

Anyone surprised that I'm having a hard time finding the right brain space to sit down to write?

(Seriously, I kind of feel terrible, because it seems I'm coming in here to talk about everything but writing. My apologies and Cadbury Christmas mini-eggs to you all. :heart:)

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Blue, is this your nephew who is modeling, too?

Speaking of steampunky stuff, some creative TV watching time and some serious hot glue later, I made all the shiny things to stick into my hair:

ShinyThings_zps8b7e66ff.jpg
Yes, that's the same nephew! And his two Swedish guy friends were each over 6' and both gorgeous. And then the Swedish girl was no more than 5' - cute and tiny. They all just left today to drive up the coast to San Francisco. My nephew will fly back for Xmas.

And Dys, LOVE what you have created. Just beautiful.

Lily, pretty hats! And yay for sons' grades!

Yay, Rick, for completed and signed contracts!! I would feel exactly like you until it was a done deal. BTW, you should have taken N0 J3t Lag and you wouldn't be waking up in the middle of the night. I swear by it and no side effects. :)

Partly working today and partly wrapping presents and preparing for the end of the world tomorrow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.