Blogging - under your own name or not?

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Hi there, apologies if this has already been asked/discussed before. This topic is for those who started a blog with the sole purpose (or a main purpose) of building a following should their writing career hit next level.

Is it a good idea for the blog address to be your own name or not? If not, then why not? I do have a personal blog and it's not under my name but I don't make my identity a secret. I have started writing again, and hope to be in it for the long haul this time, and now I find myself trying to decide whether I change the blog address to reference my own name or not.

Maybe it's not important. I don't know. I'm curious, but am probably procrastinating. Again. Looking forward to your replies : D // Cheers.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
With Google a finger's click away, I think it's less important. It saves readers that one click, though, if they go "Man, I wonder what BloggyMcBlogblog.com has today?" instead of "What was the name of Bloggy McBlogblog's website again? BMcB3 or something like that?"

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever name you are writing under. I quick look at popular author will show you that's what they do too. Having your name in the URL is good for SEO too.