Reaction score
Are the shots done yet?

*pokes jiggly brain shot*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now I live in rural Missouri, close to some rivers, lots of forest and farmland here, so that means lots of wildlife.

Missouri - esp rural Missouri, but really anywhere in the entire state - is not Philly. Philly is Eastern Seaboard, tucked into that vast stretch of nothing but urbanity that runs pretty much nonstop between DC and NYC.

You have to go quite a ways beyond a Philly suburb before you even begin to spot cougars. At least the four-legged kind/

:D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JELLO SHOTS!

*turns on the strobe*

*pulls the beanbag chair out from the closet*

Um...what am I forgetting? :idea:

Evening, Hounds. Apparently I don't bake very often. Looked at the date on my baking powder tonight...

It's from 1998. :eek:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JELLO SHOTS!

*turns on the strobe*

*pulls the beanbag chair out from the closet*

Um...what am I forgetting? :idea:

Lava lamp? Black light? Fashion sense that should have died a horrid, violent death far too long ago?

Evening, Hounds. Apparently I don't bake very often. Looked at the date on my baking powder tonight...

It's from 1998. :eek:

That may well make it useless, but I don' know for certain.

cook.gif

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
10 years ago that wasn't that far out of date.

Though in all seriousness, it does work via a chemical reaction, and I have no idea whether the chemical properties fade over time. However, most chemical reagents do.

So yeah, go with that.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will say I had some old, old, OLD cocoa powder once. It made for some decidedly odd cookies once upon a time.

:Wha:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
God, you know, I'm pretty certain there are some spices in my cupboard from when I first moved out of my parent's house. When I raided their cabinet before I left.

Who knows how long they'd had them. :roll:

I think I should just bomb the cupboard and start over. A little at a time.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
God, you know, I'm pretty certain there are some spices in my cupboard from when I first moved out of my parent's house. When I raided their cabinet before I left.

Most of those dried spices and things will not go bad, but you will have to up the amount you use. I have some I raided from my grandmother's kitchen when she died - grandfather doesn't cook - and they still work. As long as I add copious amounts of them to anything I want to use them in.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Rhoda is working on a guest blog post for DG and listening to Hanson and Stabbing Westward almost exclusively. Don't ask me why, but I've been leaning on those two bands more than anything else in my playlist for like the past three weeks.

Waddup, Hounds?

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
<pulls out tray of oddly pinkish-grey jello shots, serves up shots all around>

Bottom's up, everyone. Don't worry about the prions. I'm sure there are no cannibals in Ted's lineage.

Well, mostly sure. But what's a little Kuru Fever amongst friends? Besides, you can't possibly get it for years or decades down the road.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rhoda is working on a guest blog post for DG and listening to Hanson and Stabbing Westward almost exclusively. Don't ask me why, but I've been leaning on those two bands more than anything else in my playlist for like the past three weeks.

Waddup, Hounds?
Okay, I'll give you Stabbing Westward, as they opened for Depeche Mode one tour. But Hanson? Seriously?

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Don't go hatin'. It's damn good music if you give everything besides "MMMBop" a chance, and I'm not kidding at all. I've seen them live three times and they get better every single time.

Greg, gimme that jello shot.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't go hatin'. It's damn good music if you give everything besides "MMMBop" a chance, and I'm not kidding at all. I've seen them live three times and they get better every single time.

*revokes all of Rhoda's horror cred*

Also, referring to yourself in the third person? Clearly a sign of too much teen boy bands.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score

*revokes all of Rhoda's horror cred*

Also, referring to yourself in the third person? Clearly a sign of too much teen boy bands.

First of all, gimme my horror cred back! :p Must I talk about vampires and zombies all the time to impress you people?

Second, they're not "teens" anymore--they're like thirty, and their last album came out in 2010. It sounds more like Dave Matthews meets Maroon 5 than anything else to me, and that's been the case for the last three albums.

You don't really want to get my fangirl on here, do you? Because everytime someone says, "Hanson? Really?" I can get a little tetchy. I don't dislike bubblegum pop that much, but Hanson is not that band.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Boston, give her her cred back. She might start posting youtube links.

Seriously. Give it back.

I don't know what "fangirl" is, but that is scaring me. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.