Who's your Baddie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
I don’t know what it feels like to be human. I don’t know how music sounds to ears, not sensors, or how blood feels pulsing through veins.

But I know one thing.

If one of us has to die for this shithole, it's not going to be him.
- Bad Princess in 48 words

J.S.Fairey

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my attempt. From my WIP Awaiting Petrichor; an extract can be found in my signature, which I'd still love comments on, even though it's old. The baddie's not in the piece though:

When Isaac's family are killed in the Faith War, he makes a promise: no one else will die at the hands of religion. He fails - the war brings humanity to the brink of destruction, and only a terrible weapon offers Isaac the chance to save it, and destroy religion forever.

Mikilao

Registered
Reaction score
I don’t know what it feels like to be human. I don’t know how music sounds to ears, not sensors, or how blood feels pulsing through veins.

But I know one thing.

If one of us has to die for this shithole, it's not going to be him.
- Bad Princess in 48 words

HA! kind of loving this one

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
The Galactic Seven: Project Cygnus upcoming Galactic Seven adventure:

Jarek Orch was put in prison when the Galactic Seven captured him for destroying a minor planet that only had a few million people. It was a planet that was not even a member of the Galaxy Coalition. Yet, the Galactic Seven put him in prison to be punished for a crime that only a genius could have carried out.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Because this is an interesting game, reopening the thread with the derail removed. Carry on.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Deadly Nightshade

Thompson Granger knows only the power of the Old Gods can save his son from an incurable disease. He can’t let himself care about the death and destruction these beings have brought in the past, nor about the lives that must be sacrificed to bring them forth.

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
Aftershock:
His skill was creating devastating weapons and what could be more devastating than choosing to kill a child, or die at their hand? But when the government who commissioned this army turned its back on his life's work, he thought he'd send the monsters to them ahead of schedule.

(It's 48 words or so, so hopefully close enough!)

MrCasperTom

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. As I've yet to get to the part about the antagonist in my WIP I thought it might be a fun exercise to work on the flip side. So gave it a quick go:

People will speak of me as if I am insane. A corrupt individual vying for the Earth. Yet I question this belief. For is it truly insane to stand against the genocide of a race that has not yet been born?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I have escalating villains in my debut M/M space opera romance, Moro's Price. Here's the one at the top of the food chain:

"Predators die when they can't hunt anymore. Aiyon's best friend cursed him with empathy, then ducked out of the universe. Twelve millennia later, the sanctimonious bastard's back. When Aiyon finds him again, one way or another, they'll burn the galaxy around them."

You can find buy links at the blog in my sig, under Original Fiction. Be warned: Ai is a side character in this one.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
She's not the main villain of the story, but she's certainly not going to help the hero, so let's talk about the story from Paice's POV.

Potential
Paice Rinehart had put her life into Potential training so she'd get the best sponsor. She was supposed to be the darling of the paparazzi's cameras, the singer everyone would have their eyes on. So why is it all happening to Potential-less Syn instead? It's not fair. It's not fair.

Last edited:

Ian Nathaniel Cohen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This is my pirate villain from The Brotherhood of the Black Flag, which I'm querying to agents (my query letter's gone through QLH a few times).

From the day he led a mutiny against his captain, Stephen Reynard wanted to be remembered forever for his audacity and deviousness. Now, events in England are aligning in his favor - Jacobite insurrections, King George's unpopularity, the piracy crackdown. He’ll use them all to earn his place in history.

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From The Dark, a psychological thriller:

---

Sure, the girl was a vigilante. Young, determined, elusive.

But Derek was a mercenary, and she’d stolen his nuclear trigger.

So he stole her.

Chained her to the concrete, stripped away her fire, her hope.

Made her beg.

Held her. Comforted her.

Turned her into a weapon.

His weapon.

Black fire.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
From The Dark, a psychological thriller:

---

Sure, the girl was a vigilante. Young, determined, elusive.

But Derek was a mercenary, and she’d stolen his nuclear trigger.

So he stole her.

Chained her to the concrete, stripped away her fire, her hope.

Made her beg.

Held her. Comforted her.

Turned her into a weapon.

His weapon.

Black fire.

I like that. It's menacing.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Let's see. TWINK.

He's a drifter. Likes peeking in windows, getting a little crazy. . .

All part of the game.

Tonight he’s sharing a cell with a kid popped for DUI, barf all over his shirt. Maybe he can mess with that messed-up head a little bit.

That could be fun.

Last edited:

Flipper_Dipper

Registered
Reaction score
This thread inspired me to write a paragraph based on my baddie and his thoughts about the hero/why he hates her so much. Apologies that it's over 50 words, I don't think I could have done it in that to be honest. Probably the roughest draft I've ever done as well. This isn't going to go in my WIP but I think it's helped to get some idea of the POV of my other characters.

You and I are not the same. We don’t have the same blood running through our veins, there is no bond between us and there never will be. I must be the only man to hold a new-born child in his arms and yet feel nothing. As you grew older, you became less and less like me, instead you just filled me with inadequacy that you were not my own. I never wanted you and I never loved you, but you just expected me to be like a father to you, to be sucked in by your charms. Well now you know too much, you know the secrets that lie beneath the mask I wear, being a man of god, fighting for justice for those wrongly accused, you know how that is all just a game. As much as I hate you, you are the only person who knows who I really am. And I can’t have that. I want to feel my hands around your neck, crushing your throat, as you fight for breath and beg for life. When I’m done with you, you’ll be begging for death.

I also did another one, about the detective who is corrupt as well (so sort of sees himself as a villain as he feels guilty about everything that has happened and how desperate his situation is that he's had to take bribes for money)

I never wanted to be the bad person, the dirty cop with a secret, I just needed the money. I just wanted the best for my family, the life they deserve, that’s hard to do on a detectives salary in London. I knew the only hope for me was the Detective Chief Inspectors job, but that went to Superintendent Masens son, Adam. He’s not a bad kid really, he is smart, intelligent, dedicated. I just got older, every case became more mentally and physically draining, and I knew I had no hope of ever getting that job. So I got involved with the wrong people just to pay the bills, I didn’t realise how bad it would be at first, the less money I had, the more I gambled it all away with the hope of a big win, something to set me free from where I was. I ended up taking bribes and backhanders so they didn’t come for me…now I’m in too deep and I’m trapped in this world that I can’t get out of. I didn’t mean for anyone to get hurt, especially not Baker. Words can’t describe how guilty I feel, and I hope one day I’ll be able to forgive myself too.

Thanks for starting this thread though, I'm finding it really interesting reading everyone's responses and it's certainly got me writing the most words in a day that I have for a while, and has helped me out of the block I've been in for the past few days of the scene I'm struggling with!

grayworld

Registered
Reaction score
The world has pretty much ended. I used to be a CEO, so I should obviously be in charge. Point me in the direction of the booze, drugs, and weapons left behind. I'm bipolar? Whatever. I'll lead us to...something, anyway.

The antagonist of A World Gone Gray.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I keep thinking about this thread, so I'm going for it. This character, from Domum, is a nasty piece of work. Getting in his head is creepy and the tiny bit (sorry, it's over 50 words) that I came up with doesn't do him justice.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-------------------------------------------
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They meant to kill me, and almost succeeded. Rather, I’m disfigured now and look every bit the monster they perceived me as. I have no home, they stole my son, and sent my wife away to some other world with her lover. Her hands ran that beast’s scale through my chest and it’s changing me. She’s my wife and it’s my right to punish her for disobeying me…for trying to kill me and failing at it. I’m Arden Raynor, even death cannot conquer me.[/FONT]

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
What is 'baddie' anyway?

Nico slunk out of the Balkan wars after having lost everything he owned and everyone he loved, and all he knew as the refugee boat steamed toward Italy was the image of the western soldiers tearing berets apart but doing nothing to save his family. Never again, he swore on that boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.