Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsaplane

all the feels, ALL OF THEM
Registered
Reaction score
Man, I haven't been here since March! Woah where did the time go hahaha. I haven't watched Catching Fire yet but I've never even read a single book in the HG series so....... it's on my to-do list. I haven't read anything that wasn't fanfiction in a while haha. Whoops.

SpinningWheel

Registered
Reaction score
OMG I finally have a proper plot! Finally! And I even know what direction my MC's unreliable narration is going to take.

I have a page in front of me that is truly the hardest-won single page of writing I've ever produced in my entire life. <strokes page lovingly>

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I actually found myself reading some Hunger Games fanfiction the other day after seeing Catching Fire! haha

Look up "The Luxury and the Necessity".

>.>

OMG I finally have a proper plot! Finally! And I even know what direction my MC's unreliable narration is going to take.

I have a page in front of me that is truly the hardest-won single page of writing I've ever produced in my entire life. <strokes page lovingly>

Woohoo! Sounds like an amazing feeling, lol!

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Yay SpinningWheel!

And so Catching Fire was AMAZING. Also, I already found a crochet pattern for the cowl thing that Katniss is wearing in the first scene, and am planning to start it sometime this weekend.

Emmet Cameron

Registered
Reaction score
Moving when you don't drive, own a car, or have any actual space in the place you'll be living next = ugh. Also I just found a birthday card all my friends made to send to our friend out west in September. I have no idea how it got into my possession, but I feel like such a jerk.

SpinningWheel

Registered
Reaction score
That's a pain about the move, Emmet. How are you going to manage it? Can you rent a van and get a friend to drive it? Do you have much stuff?

I read some 'Tudors' fanfiction once. There was even more sex and torture in it than the tv version.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Emmet, that sucks. Where did you put your stuff? Can you live with relatives until you find a new place? Change is hard. It sounds like you have extra challenging things. Do you live in a metro area with public transportation? The last time I didn't have a car nearby, I was living on a college campus. It was terrible!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I just need to validate later.

In other words, I lost some words I wrote on a project yesterday. D:

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I no understand this thread...

What you no understand? :D

Hey all! Had a lovely vacation with the hubs and girls. Went to Culebra which has the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. White sand, clear water. BEAUTIFUL. We even survived the 45 min ferry ride without throwing up. But man, there were about 5 people around us who were puking. haha. It was crazy.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So I FINALLY validated.

Now to try and finish the first draft of my MG fantasy by the end of next weekend. :)

KSavoie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
undergradtoauthor.blogspot.com
Hello all! Sorry I've been away. At my mothers place there is no internet so basically I was stuck in 1893... But I finished Nano! =D It needs some heavy revisions, but my bones are there!

And congrats lisa!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to you NaNoers! Maybe next year I will give it a go. (I think I've now said that four years in a row. *snort*)

Status
Not open for further replies.