XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Having a discussion with coworkers on the rising prevalence of people watching poarn on airplanes. Laughing so hard I'm crying. What is wrong with people?!?!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My sister used to compete in jumping horses*. Amazing animals, but wow, we're they expensive. And high maintenance, what with needing food and medicine and stuff.

*note: The horses jumped, not my sister jumping over horses. Although, I'd pay to watch the latter.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, is everyone getting Destriers? Shall we form a heavy cavalry? :)

I've always wanted one of those ginormous draft horses. I'm not sure why.

Because they are awesome and almost alway have the sweetest personality?

Is this the right time to mention that I've ridden Friesians often, and that a friend of mine breeds them? :D

No! This should have been mentioned in your first five posts in ole cantina! With pictures. You may now appease us with pictures. Or video. Or by inviting me riding ;)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, is everyone getting Destriers? Shall we form a heavy cavalry? :)

Sorry, we had to sell most of our horses, and our last Belgian died a couple of weeks ago. My family is horseless, at the moment.

Well, we have one horse, but she's not fit for heavy cavalry and is kind of ornery about being ridden, period.

:)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OH FFS!

:rant: :rant: :rant:

(Gah, sometimes, I really hate hate hate real life.)

That bad, eh?

I'd second this, only I'm not at the "hate" stage, just irked and annoyed. But I bet the cause of your hate and the source of my annoyance are similar.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes. It wasn't so bad. I just hate how they go "Hey, were swamped you can figure out how to do this, this, or maybe a little of that, without any kind of supervision right? kthxbai." I'm glad I'm a quick learner.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
CthulhuRollover_anim.gif

All kinds of awesome.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, we had to sell most of our horses, and our last Belgian died a couple of weeks ago. My family is horseless, at the moment.

Well, we have one horse, but she's not fit for heavy cavalry and is kind of ornery about being ridden, period.

If you allow us use of your stables and to set up a practice field for training, I'm sure we could find you an extra dream horse to ride ;) ;)

In other news, TGIF. I see everyone is stressed like me. At least I don't have to listen to crap about how Autistic people are all screwed up and other non-PC craziness. I'll just get the normal family craziness tomorrow. *sigh*

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Er, excuse me. I was wondering if you had a spare barstool and perhaps a table where I can put this teapot I seem to have been walking around the forum with for most of the day?

Any room for a new one?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Speaking of large four-legged animals... I just spooked a young deer in my backyard by walking out into my sun room. Mom deer looked up, then went back to eating my shrubs.

Er, excuse me. I was wondering if you had a spare barstool and perhaps a table where I can put this teapot I seem to have been walking around the forum with for most of the day?

Any room for a new one?

:welcome:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Any room for a new one?

Of course!

:welcome:

Besides, by the sounds of it TJ could use the tea.

:D

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Any room for a new one?

Always :D

:hi:

Welcome!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
He's worth the slog through the BS because his concepts are so terrific. And when he gets it right he GETS IT RIGHT. His stuff scares the crap out of me when nothing else will. ... Combining Lovecraft's genius ideas with more modern, more skilled writing? Always a good thing.

Exactly so. If there wasn't that wonderfulness at the root of it, we wouldn't still be talking about him.

Some of the Agatha Christies are dated that way too, although the writing doesn't get nearly so purple.

I'd second this, only I'm not at the "hate" stage, just irked and annoyed.

But I am pissed off, so I'm going to sit over here and make angry faces. :rant:

I see everyone is stressed like me.

Yeesh, lots of badness out there in AWland. Hoping for a better day tomorrow for all of you, and a big ol' karmic pie-in-the-face to those ne'er-do-wells bringing you down.

Holidays, for the first time EVER, are going to be just me and my kids. We're going to get take-out chinese food, lounge around in our pjs all day long, take our own damned sweet time opening presents (if it takes us a week, so be it!) and otherwise just have a wonderful, mellow, relative-free day. I keep waiting for the usual pre-Xmas stress-depression-grief-anxiety to get its choke-hold on me, and it's a very strange feeling having to actively remind myself that this year is actually different.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Thank you and thank you. My arm was ready to fall off carrying this teapot around.

Isn't that just an awwwww moment with your deer there amergina? The biggest thing through my garden is either our cat or a squirrel, or rarely, a squirrel followed by the cat both moving at high speed. I once disturbed a fox going through some rubbish when I lived in London. It doesn't quite have the same cute factor though.

Tea for TJ? sounds right at least. Looking down the thread I think quite few people need it today.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Man, I am so sleepy with zero reason for being tired. I have to assume that this just means I'm lazy. :(

Any room for a new one?

Welcome!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Cleaning reminds me that I have too much crap in my house. I think next year, I really have to knuckle down and purge a lot of things. Ruthlessly.

Thank you and thank you. My arm was ready to fall off carrying this teapot around.

Isn't that just an awwwww moment with your deer there amergina? The biggest thing through my garden is either our cat or a squirrel, or rarely, a squirrel followed by the cat both moving at high speed. I once disturbed a fox going through some rubbish when I lived in London. It doesn't quite have the same cute factor though.

They're cute some of the times. Like when there are fawns. I had a fawn born in my yard and gosh, it was so tiny a cute!

But in the middle of winter, when I look out and see a herd of nine deer stretched across mine and my neighbors yards... I can only weep for my plants.

We're not out in the country, either. It's just that we're an older neighborhood in Western PA and we have large areas of wooded space with creeks running through them. But shrubbery is tastier and easier to get to than snow-covered underbrush. And these deer... they don't understand that they're not supposed to eat the deer resistant plants... Mountain Laurel? Om nom nom!

But they are majestic animals. And large.

Status
Not open for further replies.