XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why the birdies are no longer going to the bird feeder. :( It's freezing out, you'd think they'd be flocking to it!

Maybe it's too cold or windy, even for them?

I have birds at my feeder, now that I've knocked the snow and frozen seed out of the way.

:)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
We win (or at least tie) on the merits of Dave Barry and Mark Twain alone. :D

Dave Berry doesn't do a thing for me. As for Mark Twain, I agree he was funny, but that was a century ago; what has he done for me lately?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your snow is so bad you have to plow your own bird feeder? Wow.

Well, there was snow on the roof of it, and the seed in the tray can freeze up if you get a little moisture in it. It had been wet prior to the snow, so I knew I was going to have to go clean it off for the birds.

They're out there in force this morning, so it seems to have worked.

30.gif

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
aka a donut

I was thinking this very thing.

I am having a code liver kind of day. Wiped out despite having a pretty good night's worth of sleep. It seems to be worse when I get a portion of the rest my body needs. Better to continue chronically sleep deprived or actually get all the rest I need.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No. What I'm looking for is humorous fiction. Dave doesn't write fiction.

Yes, yes he does. He's written a couple of fiction books. Cobra mentioned one of them, Big Trouble.

Actually, even Peter Benchley, though it was not his primary forte, wrote a fairly humorous political thriller once upon a time. I can't remember the name of it, but it was quite amusing.

:D

ETA: Actually, come to think on it, the writers you mentioned aren't primarily "humor," either. So if we're going to be splitting hairs about genre, instead of just looking for things that are humorous, the funny bits in Pratchett's works are, while part of his style, not the central point of what he writes.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Favorite is still Dav3 Barrie Does Japan. There's a very moving piece in the middle of all the laughter that shows exactly why he won a Pulitzer

And as someone who has lived overseas in Asia, he nailed so much of it. I think anyone who is heading over there should have the book recommended to them as a primer.

:D

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
looking for a new home

so after working 9 weeks straight with only Sunday's off, my writing suffered at the end of 2011. Now I have bright new shiny resolutions that are all writing related and I hope will get me back on track.

I used to spend all my time on the freelance board, but decided I like fiction better than facts and so I plan to start hanging around here a little more. Maybe I'll find some inspiration in the insane posts i've been reading :)

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
just adding: Dave barry also has a co written series (YA Fantasy i think?) it's called the starcatcher series, i imagine it has at least some humor in it.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
No. What I'm looking for is humorous fiction.
I'm taking a break from fiction, fully embracing Jericho, and following wherever it is he's leading me.

And, holy shit, he's been active. "O Fortuna," some Wham!, Abba, AND the Village People have been blaring nonstop in his Command Post.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I've been freakishly productive the past few days. I wanted to start the new year with a nice clean apartment and it has been happening. My bedroom is a perpetual mess, but I beginning to think that's part of having your own place. It's easy to throw all the crap your don't want people seeing into your bedroom and shut the door.

Anyway, I haven't written anything in a while or started my edits on my White Crow novel. Got it all printed up and into a binder but I haven't looked at it since. I think I'm scared to. :eek:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
:eek:

*checks the supplies in the emergency bunker*

My reaction exactly.

I plan to start hanging around here a little more. Maybe I'll find some inspiration in the insane posts i've been reading :)
Welcome along. Tea?:Coffee:

You'll love it here. Good luck with the writing, maybe see you at w1s1 too?

Pain update - Have been sitting and reading for the past couple of hours. I feel oddly guilty, but in a good way. Guilt is good, guilt is good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.