RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
Rocket scientist.

Well, almost -- technically I'm a satellite physicist. I don't design the rockets, I design and calibrate the satellites that go on top of them. Saying 'rocket scientist' is easier, and it also makes my girlfriend giggle.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I teach high school science. Just finished my third year. It's something I started doing to make money while working on my PhD, but the PhD has long been forgotten, and this gig is actually a lot of fun. Plus, paid summers off! (I am not a very ambitious person).

Andrea Rittschof

Registered
Reaction score
I tell people I'm a drug dealer. Lol. What that means is I work for a pharmaceutical wholesaler and assist patients with getting medications. I used to be a teacher so not sure which is better in terms of the public eye. Although I do know which is harder and it's not my current day job!

Sollluna

keyboards: useful for typing errors
Registered
Reaction score
I am a Natural History Interpreter (Park Ranger, Nature Centre Guide, Schools Coordinator, Wilderness Guide, Park Interpreter, Environmental Educator....). Instead of interpreting languages, my jobs are usually about interpreting nature or historical sites and helping people connect with them. Spending days on beaches, feeding elephants, guiding canoe trips, and hiking through alpine wildflowers (I still can't believe I get paid for this...).

In between seasonal interpreter jobs, I work at natural history museums as a Specimen Preparator** (not quite taxidermy, but similar). I create mammal and bird study skins to be used for all types of scientific research**.

(**no animals are harmed for this. It's all done with animals that are collected after other causes of death, such as: hit by cars, electrocuted by power-lines, birds flying into windows, etc.)

Last edited:

thwaitesyellow

Registered
Reaction score
Museum science/conservation technician. My line of works lets me work with art AND lasers! There's also a PhD in my future (hopefully).

KateW

Registered
Reaction score
A lot less interesting than rocket scientist and drug dealer, lol.

I'm a housewife (oh no, not another one of those) and homeschool "teacher" to 3 kids, medical/nurse to 2 of them, and speech pathologist to the other. :foilhat:

When I'm not doing any of those, I'm usually screaming about snakes (red bellies or browns) in our yard. I immensely dislike snakes. And as per some sign somewhere "everything in Australia tries to kill you". If its not the snakes, its the 500 angry huge wasps round the side of the house. If its not that its spiders...redbacks...and many more. Or foxes, feral cats, and whatever the h*** that was that was hanging off the side of the verandah last night. Oh and moths the size of birds that try to fly at my face. :chair

So my pretty much full-time job is "Animal that is trying to kill me" patrol. It's very tiring too. Luckily my dog likes to eat snakes, and my cats like to eat insects. Usually when I see something I don't like in the house, I'll run find one of the cats, and fling one into the general direction of the bug. :e2teeth::e2sling:

I'm off too babble elsewhere

Jerboa

frelled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ejtett.weebly.com
My official job title is 'Training Co-ordinator.' Basically I'm a keyboard-monkey and spreadsheet-starer-atter. :D

briannasealock

Registered
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be a CNA. lol. but finding a job is really hard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.