What is your day job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

I wish I was as cool as this cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Stay-at-home-mom/ part-time substitute teacher/ PTO president and school volunteer.

However, my kids will tell you all I do is stay home all day and play Words With Friends.

PandaMan

Panda girls are the best!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a geographer. Currently starting up my own company. I'm involved in geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, GPS, that sort of thing.

I used to be a photographer and am feeling the creative urge to get back into the photo business - mostly travel and landscape stuff.

CheesecakeMe

Registered
Reaction score
Animator on a children's cartoon. After getting paid to work on someone else's projects all day, it's nice to come home and work on my own stuff.

summontherats

Generally More of a Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fairieszombiesandqueries.wordpress.com
Ahhh, this thread is so cool! Everyone comes from such diverse walks of life.

I do corporate communications. I write, edit, and manage websites. It's a totally different kind of writing and it's not all that creative, but it's fulfilling in its own way.

wilchris

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Super amazing teacher of English to students of all ages in Bangkok, Thailand

alldis

Temet Nosce
Registered
Reaction score
Creative Director of an advertising firm, which is just a nice way of saying Graphic Designer with the most experience in a sea of off-white cubicles. I also have two coffee mugs.

A.

smalls

Registered
Reaction score
Admin assistant at a boutique investment banking firm. I'm jealous of those of you with creative outlets at your job!

alexaherself

Wordsmith and shoechick
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a writer, mostly, in my day-job, too (in marketing, but it's very writing-based and it's my own little business.) I'm also a part-time Ph.D. student - which will be more writing still, if I ever get as far as submitting my thesis.

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Arrrg don't kill me I am more of a marvel fan than a dc fan too! Arrrrrggggg!:flag:

lol

Everytime I ask my teenager to clean her room she answers, "I can't! I'm a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist! I can't clean my own room!"

That tag line is engraved in my head lmao ;-)

MookyMcD

I go to eleven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaeljmcdonagh.wordpress.com
I handle state regulatory compliance and intellectual property issues for an advertising company (formerly did the same thing for a tech company). Some days I'm up to my neck in state tax laws, today I have a slew of affidavits of continued use to file with the US Patent Trademark Office. Which sucks, because this is the time of year I really need to be up to my neck in taxes.

PamelaC

Registered
Reaction score
Public high school English teacher in one of the worst states in the country for teacher salaries! Woo Hoo! I'm in my 12th year. I love the kids, my colleagues, and the sweet vacation time! I also like spending my days teaching teenagers how to analyze fiction and write decent essays. I could do without all the bureaucratic crap that bogs down our education system (TESTING!!), but even if I ever manage to publish and can earn a living writing, I'd still at least substitute teach at my high school. I graduated from there, and I've taught there my entire career thus far. I fully plan to retire from there and then return as a substitute. :)

Cosy_Mimi

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a secretarial PA to Senior Management at a University. Very boring. I'm also a musician, writer (obviously) and love to draw and paint so I find i'm very different to most people within my workplace. Its quite frustrating at times to be stuck in this type of job. It's my dream to one day support myself through my creative endeavors but meanwhile the bills need paying :(

benbenberi

Registered
Reaction score
Once upon a time I was a history professor.

Right now I'm a technical writer in one of the financial IT groups of a Very Large insurance company.

MagicWriter

Attack of the Hurricane Turtles!
Registered
Reaction score
Scientist of many hats...predominantly medical.

brmerry

Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, this thread is so cool! Everyone comes from such diverse walks of life.

I do corporate communications. I write, edit, and manage websites. It's a totally different kind of writing and it's not all that creative, but it's fulfilling in its own way.

I know, right? Super interesting stuff here...

jwindar

Registered
Reaction score
Slave during nightshift. Single parent of 2 girls.

Helena_R

Registered
Reaction score
Middle school EL teacher (I teach English to non-English speakers). I also teach two periods of literature to 7th graders. I love what I do, and although I just got my MS in Administration, I'm in no hurry to give up my classroom for an office, or my kids for adults.

KMastro

Registered
Reaction score
I write and sell social studies lesson plans that differentiate instruction. It's a part timer so I can stay at home to help my family.

Last edited:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
A lot of cool jobs here. Does no one work at McDonald's?

Status
Not open for further replies.