#MSWL

kkhendin

Registered
Reaction score
So, I'm not entirely sure where this thread belongs, but I figured this looked about right.
#MSWL is a hashtag on Twitter where agents and editors tweet about things they wish they would see in manuscript submissions. I then edit through them the best that I can and archive them over on Tumblr at http://agentandeditorwishlist.tumblr.com/
I'm currently (very) behind on archiving, so just know that there are more #MSWL tweets then there are posts on the Tumblr. When I am actively archiving, I usually schedule around 30 to post every day. Hopefully, I'll be doing archiving next week.
-Every post is tagged with a few tags: the name of the person, whether they're an agent or an editor, and then as much additional information as I can put up. Not every post is tagged by age category it applies to, as some of them don't specify. By clicking on a tag on a post, you can scroll through all other posts with that tag.
-Every post also includes the Twitter handle of the person who tweeted it. If you'd like additional information on how to contact said person, you need to figure it out by yourself. Sadly, I don't have the time to add any more information to the posts.
-The theme I use doesn't have a search button (if it does, I can't find it.) As of now I'm not switching themes, but if I find one I like that DOES have a search button, I'll definitely switch.
-I'm not an editor or an agent, so PLEASE don't pitch to the inbox on the Tumblr.

If you have any questions on anything, please ask, and I'll try my best to answer!
-KK

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I think this is probably better suited to our Blogging room, rather than our Publishing Resources room, so I'll move it over.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, thank you for posting this.

I find on twitter itself - and this goes for #tenqueries as well - that the hashtag has been clogged by people retweeting. I wish they wouldn't!

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
It's very thoughtful of you to do this. For those looking for additional resources, there is also MS WishList, which is maintained by AWer Masha Racynzski. It includes tweets from #MSWL, as well as those posted under the Ten Queries, 10 Queries in 10 Tweets, Query Tip, Pub Tip, and Slush Pile hashtags, without any of the retweets or responses to those tweets.

stephsco

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniescott.net
Just chiming in that the #MSWL tag is active today as one of the planned days agents and editors update their wishlists. In case any of you are agent hunting or wanting to kill some downtime :)