KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm @KevinTCraig on Twitter.

Word of warning...don't send "thank you for following me" DMs...either with or without links. People should learn how to use Twitter. I only mention this because it's been horrendously bad the past few days.

TessB

The Boxing Baroness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tessbowery.com
I'm @KevinTCraig on Twitter.

Word of warning...don't send "thank you for following me" DMs...either with or without links. People should learn how to use Twitter. I only mention this because it's been horrendously bad the past few days.

As someone very, very new to twitter - what does that mean? Is it a social faux pas to thank someone for the follow at all, or is it a specific problem to use a Direct Message to do so? Is the preferred etiquette not to say anything, or a follow back, or some other form of acknowledgement?

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I've been getting like a crap ton of thanks for following me DMs. Actually my whole Twitter has gotten to be this pile heap, where I literally don't care about anymore.

Plus I get like a crap ton of hate-follows from people that like have never even met me, yet pretend to know me. It's to many people to block, as it seems like everybody at times.

Because you know, I never met you. But I think your a**hole, (general) your an a**hole right?

Strongly considering either deactivating, or crafting a password so long I don't remember. A lot of my author friends don't even bother with social networks. My thumbs up to them. Like I kid you not, I can't seperate a follow AW board member and some random person that hate-follows at times.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I think some of those thank-you-DMs are automatic and the twitterer doesn't know that they are sent. I spoke to someone a while ago about one they sent me when I followed them. They had no clue they DM'd me. Although, I gotta say, I think I've only ever received two of them.

RRK

I named the dog Indiana
Registered
Reaction score
I've been lurking on Twitter for a while, but now I'm trying to become active in tweeting. Most of my posts will be about NYC, Broadway, and writing. I'll be going through and adding people from here.

@Regan_Kirk

iamvaliance

Crying my way through college
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! This thread seems to be dying, but I'd love to follow some new writers on twitter! Always looking for new friends! I'll follow you back! @Valiance

PaulLev

I was here 3 months from now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
PaulLevinson.net
I'm @PaulLev - science fiction, mystery, nonfiction, media commentator - I'll follow back any author or writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.