Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

urbanmum

Village Vagabond
Registered
Reaction score
Snack foods that you can't have in the house lest you eat them all?

Cadbury Choco Fingers, I only open that box once and it's empty. Also, (probably not a traditional snack food but it is to me) packages of Prosciutto. Never have to re-seal those once opened either.

Sorcha

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. Excuse me, butting in... Trying to get acquainted with this forum.
Not sure which question is the last one in the cue, I'll just pick one, space or deep in the ocean?
Ugh, I'm already mostly in "space" all the time, however, I'd choose neither, I like being able to move and breath freely without being in a bubble, whereas a small one, called a suit, or a large one, called a ship/submarine.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
You'll get the hang of it. I've only been here for 6 months, so I'm not expert ;)

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see...
Winegums, chips, most every kind of chocolate, liquorice, fresh white bread and Cola.
The essentials. :)

Tonic

Registered
Reaction score
My answer to the question is "pretty much everything". I love chips, cheetos, chocolate, candy... the list goes on. I try to keep fresh fruit around instead of those things. I'm guilty of vending machines M&M purchases after a long day at work, though.

Sorcha

Registered
Reaction score
We were going to go on a hike to a cave. We still would if I hadn't sprained both my ankles last week. Hiking season is over.

Ouch sperry! :( (Can I call you sperry?) No fun! I would be pretty irked about missing out on a cool cave hike! Good recovery. I hear whatever movement you can do without spraining it again will make it stronger.

Slipstream

Registered
Reaction score
I will say Nutella. I heard someone call it a "bottle" of Nutella though I would have said jar myself.

dacraig

Registered
Reaction score
Overall the summer went as planned, except my mistress dumped me saying "have a good life".

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:
That would be chocolate. Not a snack exactly, but I don't go for salty. :)

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure which question is the last one in the cue

Last question is usually put in the first post, but if not, look for the flashing neon signs in the most recent post.

Or, absent neon signs, the big bold print.

Case in point....

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

It's fall here, and with it comes one of my favorite things about the season: apples. Specifically, apple cider. Which got me thinking...

What's your favorite seasonal beverage or food?

And by this I mean, something you really can't get out of season, at least not easily and not as good quality.

Like, say, apple cider.

Tonic

Registered
Reaction score
What's your favorite seasonal beverage or food?

Those Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the shape of Christmas trees. They taste better than regular Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Laura C.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritersguide.wordpress.com
I’d definitely choose to go deep under the ocean; I just watched Titanic last night…perhaps I’d be able to find the “heart of the sea.” :)
As for the project that I wanted to finish this summer but didn’t…well. Last year at this time, I planned on having the rough draft of my second book all typed up and ready for editing, but it didn’t quite go as planned. I’m just a little over halfway through the first write-up. Alas, the effects of procrastination have clamped onto my butt and refuse to let go.
Ah, well. I’ve set a new goal, so we’ll see if I meet this one.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mince pies. Every Christmas I buy boxes and boxes of the things, but it is never enough.

Your mince pies come in *boxes*?

We have to make ours, here. I don't think I've ever seen them sold in boxes. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score