Looking do reviews for Indie's and Small press authors

CpMurphy

Usually just lurking...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just updated my website and have added a blog in which I want to review books from Independent and Small press publishers. The site is just starting out so there isn't anything reviewed on it yet but as soon as I have some books to review I'll be posting more.

I don't claim to have thousands of people reading my reviews but as Indie authors, every little bit helps and you never know who just might be reading.

I have a lot of free time at my day job and have plenty of time for this project.

Unfortunately I can not bring any form of electronics into the building so my only requirement is that you send me a paperback copy.

I will advertise my review blog on facebook, twitter, goodreads, and through word of mouth as well.

I'm not promising you'll sell hundreds of books because of one review but I can promise AN HONEST review for free.

My website is: www.cpmurphy.com and my blog is http://Indiereviews.cpmurphy.com

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Moving this from Self Promotion to Blogging, as it's probably a better fit there.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I clicked your link and noticed you hadn't posted anything yet.

The best thing you can do with book blogging is just get started. I have a close friend who now runs one of the bigger YA book blogs, and when I approached her a few months ago saying I wanted to write a blog focusing on exactly this -- books from small publishers and independent presses - she told me to just start buying new releases, reviewing them, posting my reviews on Amazon / Goodreads.

I had to do about 8 reviews before I got any subscribers. My blog is still relatively new, at 3 months, but finally after 3 months of consistent blogging, I've been able to start working with some of the tour blogs and getting authors to interview with me.

I think one of the most rewarding / awesome parts about blogging books from smaller publishers, is that the authors actually read them, retweet them, comment on your reviews. It's a really fun way to interact with authors who write books you enjoy.