Welcome, Lurkers!

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Welcome, ladies, to the Absolute Blue pyjama party! Just toss your coats over on the bed (yes, that great big one--don't worry, it's not as dilapidated as it looks, it's just well-loved), grab some snacks and join the fun.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been so busy with college this quarter that I completely forgot that since I turned 21 in October, I can now obtain the password to view the NC-17 sections of the Erotica forum.

*heads on over to PM one of the mods*

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alan, both veinglory and I are on and off AW most days and many evenings, so get that password request in. I look forward to seeing you behind those velvet curtains...

Oh, and belated happy birthday!

Maryn, remembering how very busy school can be

KatrinXavier

Registered
Reaction score
Also de-lurking

Hi, my name is Katrin, wannabe erotica writer. In my other life, I work with several erotica writers as an editor/proofreader, which got me interested in the genre. So far, I've kept what I've written private, but I'm learning as I go and hope eventually to publish something.

Looking forward to getting to know people here!

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Hi, Katrin, welcome! Hope you're prepared to laugh a lot, because that's mostly what we do around here.

Alan, I know I said hi in the other forum, but I didn't realize then that another October baby was coming to join us! Yay for harvest babies!

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
October babies unite!

The downside is that October is when it starts to get cold here in Washington State. I don't like the cold. I like my warmth.

lolarobinson

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new here. I have been writing a lot of erotica of late and am delighted to find this community.

- Lola

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you, Lola! If you're 21 or over, ask a moderator (that's me, veinglory, or ELMontague) for the password to get to the other part of the board, with one thread which is largely social and mutual support. We always like to see shiny new faces.

Maryn, slipping you some of the good chocolate

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, lola! This is a great place to hang out, get advice and encouragement, etc.

AlexieNichole

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All, another lurker here. had a friend suggest I try writing a fantasy once and he liked it... been thinking about writing erotica as one possible genre for several months, trying to determine an audience, since not everyone likes the same thing

Suzanne

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Hi, Suzanne. There's a deluge of good authors here to help you out. Good writing ;)

Why not take a look at erotica publishing houses to help determine your audience? Eg, the like of Samhain, Ellora's Cave, Loose Id, TotalEBound, Dreamspinner.... :)

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
*waves at all the newbies*

Welcome!

And hopefully there's a market for fantasy erotic fiction...I have no hope of ever quitting the day job otherwise (given, that's an elusive goal even if I do sell a few copies)

Kfior02

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. I've been a member of this forum for over a year but I only just worked up the nerve to post for the first time yesterday. Anyway, I figured it's time for my long-overdue introduction.

I've been writing for years and enjoying it (sometimes), but it wasn't until I started writing erotica that I thought Now this I could do for a living ;)
Of course, I'm nowhere near making a living off of my writing, but I'm certainly having fun working toward that goal.

The resources in this forum have already done wonders for my writing, though they're a constant reminder I still have so much to learn!

Looking forward to getting to know my fellow members. Greetings to all!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How brave! I've been around long enough that it's easy to forget how scary it seems. It's kind of like going to a party where you're alone and everyone else seems to know one another.

Well, you and I can hang out and check the hosts' books. I always like to do that at parties. That, and drink a bit, and eat fancy finger food.

Maryn, glad to see you out of the shadows

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
Hey K!!! I am new too. I just talk a lot. Doesn't really matter if I know anyone at the party or not. lol

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, K! Good to know we didn't scare you off around here. It really is a great place to learn. I know I wouldn't have gotten my first book published if it hadn't been for the awesome advice I got on AW. Hope you drop by and chat often!

Aussierotica

Smut Pedlar
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xavieredwards.com
Hi all, finally got out of site-wide lurk mode and sorted out my account.

As to who I am, well, the following says it better than I can normally:

"Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural beauty have carried across to his writing, forming evocative backdrops to the sensual dance taking place in his stories.

After leaving school, Xavier joined the military and has served with honour in the Air Force, from leading brave men and women into combat to searching for, and finding, people lost at sea. Joining him on this journey has been his wife, three daughters, and two cats.

Behind it all, Xavier continued to write. Freelance journalism proved lucrative and gave him his first taste of a readership that found his writing engaging and evocative. The imagery that continued to dance through his mind, would not suit this audience and when he did write it down and gave it to a small, trusted circle of readers, it had amazing results. Quite by accident, he had discovered a knack for Erotica.

Erotic Romance isn’t just for women, anymore. Xavier Edwards’ writing is firmly in the Erotic end of the Erotic Romance spectrum and what he wrote appealed to all readers, spinning worlds of erotic wonder that felt like they were real.

Xavier continues to write the images dancing in his mind, delivering to you, the reader, only the finest in erotic fiction."

Anywho, that's me, and I'm just starting to find my feet here on the site. I've been active on some of the other sites around the place, but have decided to spread my wings further, with my precious free time.

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome X. WE have a good group of smut peddlers here as well. all kinds of it. I am soooo happy. lol