Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbrown

Easily Amused
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ebbrown.net
Kinda sad to be working on tying up the last book in my Time Walkers series.
Also working on a stand-alone fantasy romance which is pretty much finished.
...and then there's this story I'm deeply invested in which started out romantic, but does not have a HAE. So I'm keeping that one close until I figure out what to do with it.
I need to get back to ONE project and finish it completely, not exactly sure how I ended up with my hand in so many cookie jars! :Shrug:

Cranky1

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Right now, I'm calling it a YA Horror Romance. I haven't figured out if I want to go purely horror or if I want to go romance.

Last edited:

Carrie Elks

I should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm editing an erotic romance novella, and writing chapter 2 of my next book.

Slowly making progress!

Calle Jay

Romance Novelist & Freelance Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
11K into the next romantic suspense (number 6 in the series). And I need to start the next paranormal some time in the next few weeks.

Plus, on the 'business-y' side of things, I'm trying to get all the ebooks into paperback form through Createspace. It's taking a while, since I have absolutely no motivation to do any work right now whatsoever!

Still, at least I'm writing on the romantic suspense tonight!

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Still editing, and moving at a cracking pace. I have become a lot faster at editing recently. I think my drafts are just better than they used to be, so take less work to get into shape.

Still working in the planning of the one I plan to write for NaNoWriMo, but then an email conversation with my editor this morning got me thinking about a different one, and who knows, that one might push its way to the front of the line. That's what happened last year.

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on my The Galactic Seven series. I have published the first, but the publisher went under. I just finished my 4th in the series, but now I am going back to do a major rewrite on all my novels. My writing has improved much, but my earlier ones need more attention. I had a publisher recently reject my second, but they critiqued it (the first publisher ever to do so for me) and told me all the problems of my work. I'm actually excited and all the problems are fixable. It will take me a while to get the novel to sellable standards, but I have new hope now. My problem is I don't see the problems when I read my manuscript. I read it as it should be, not as it is. But, the novel is over 10 years old so I should be able to see it in a new light. The publisher said it was a great idea, but just needed alot of work.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Working on an experimental piece that I really don't have time to write. I just wanted to set down a page or two to get the pesky thing out of my head. That was two weeks ago. Now it's at 55K and the tale completely drafted.

I'm about to set my hair on fire, though, 'cause my rep and my fan base are completely in the C-fic marketplace, i.e., rated G. This one isn't. The characters simply refused to go there. This one's rated R--nothing outré or anything, but they enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner, use blue language when they're upset, and refuse to kick the door closed when they go and do youknowwhat.

I cannot sell this in the marketplace I know. Maybe I won't let it see daylight. But darn, it's not bad! It wrote itself so easily; the characters with all their ornery ways took over. It was as though the story had actually happened, and all I did was jot it down.

:gaah

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I've just started a new HF set during the Blitz. I lost my job 3 months ago and some people may think this is an opportune time to write, but I haven't had the brain power. I've started 2 books during this time but haven't 'felt' it, so I put it off. Only yesterday while I was cutting up pumpkin did I think of a new idea :)

teeta6404

Registered
Reaction score
I've got so many WIP's I don't know where to begin. LOL I am actually kind of blending two together to become one. It is confusing me. haha

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
I finished the first novella I posted about early in this thread. While I'm revising it, I started a romance set in contemporary times with no magic or science fiction. It's a relief not to have to make rules of magic for my world and seems easier in some ways.

It's about a programmer who gets fired and the out sourced man who fires her. Sort of Up in the Air but with a romance and a happily ever after.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Just sent off the query of the one I was editing over the last few weeks, so on tenterhooks now for that. Meanwhile I was going to concentrate on the outline for my NaNoWriMo novel, but that's pretty much done already! So I'm going to work on a shortish piece that's already all planned out (and actually started a few weeks ago.) I can get that finished in plenty of time for November while I also put the finishing touches to the NaoNo novel outline. It can be a warmup for NaNoWriMo. I won't go at NaNo pace, but it will get me back into drafting mode after several weeks of editing.

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
Finishing revisions on a FemDom novella series today(woot!) sending that bitch off to my editor then returning to finish up 'Penance'(Long Slow Tease #2) by the end of the month.

AnneGlynn

If you don't try, you can't fail
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneglynn.com
Finally, a straight up romance. No zombies, no multiple lovers, no ancient manuscripts providing magical words of guidance.

20,000+ words and counting. The end still seems very far away.

emmybun

Registered
Reaction score
Writing a romance short story (or novella) taking place in the beginning of the Victorian era, first draft...that's why I don't know the length. I've finished the first half of the story, woohoo! It's my first time writing fiction since, I don't know...seventh grade? Time flies.

Also writing a novel set in the same era, also romance, with a little more murder and mayhem.

My brain was buzzing yesterday to tell me to write a subgenre paranormal historic romance in regency England (I don't want to be steam punk, since that's Victorian), so I'll probably be charting that and plotting in my off-time. That'll be on the back-burner.

teeta6404

Registered
Reaction score
Now I picked a WIP...a holiday novella I abandoned last year. It is so much easier to write about the holiday season during the holiday season :)

MandyHarbin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mandyharbin.com
I'm working on a BDSM suspense...it's my first full out BDSM (touched on it in another with some mild stuff). Gotta say, lovin' the research!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Just about ready for the proofing stage of my first YA title. It's going fast. Doing client writing to make a buck--as much as I can. Nothing new yet. Just received a small press offer, so I'll have to go and research them out a bit more--deeper. Agent should best handle this one--I think there's an advance involved.

tri

ARoyce

Hopeful romantic/hopeless pedant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amararoyce.com
We're all such busy bees!

I'm currently working on Book 3...as yet untitled. It's a Victorian historical romance set around the Great Exhibition of 1851, and this one is a second chances story featuring both a heroine and hero in their 40s who were neighbors in their youth. She left her hometown and eloped. Now she's returned to deal with a family crisis and has to face old resentments and lingering consequences of her long-ago impulsiveness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.