• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Eddie Kritzer Productions

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He called Victoria Strauss... wrinkley? Sacre bleu!

The man can't even spell the word "fucking". That's just disappointing.

DaleJrfan

Registered
Reaction score
Kritzer Productions

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to tell my experience with Eddie Kritzer. Without doing my homework, I send him a query letter. I received a reply back not even two hours later. I was very excited until my sister forwarded this forum to me. (That's how I found all of you)! Anyway, he called me and said he would represent my book IF I would send him $600.00. He proceeded to ask many personal financial questions. Needless to say, I learned my lesson about checking agencies out before submitting to them!

Last edited:

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
You've got a good sister. Welcome to AW.

DaleJrfan

Registered
Reaction score
Really! Andy King, I'll watch for the name! That scared me for a minute. I've been getting advice from Jack King from Preditors and Editors. Thought I was getting scammed again! Phew!

ASK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adriennesiouxkoopersmith.blogspot.com
I, too, was nearly scammed by Eddie Kritzer (of Hollywood) this past week. As I read through the 3 pages of your comments about him, I have to tell you that as of late October, 2010, his rates have gone up to $1,000 from the originally designated $600. AND: Sit down when you hear this one as he has hit an all-time-low. If he cannot get hold of you, the author, he will 'cajole' your mother for the 'Grand' and send her 'your' contract that she is to sign and mail back with the mega-check.

What do you get for this lofty 'service fee?' By 9 AM on November 1st, he'll walk your script into Jeffrey Katzenberg's office, whose part of the almighty Dreamworks facility in Glendale. Why can he do this? Because (evidently, of which there is none that I can find on the Internet), he placed a script there. I've been in this field long enough to smell a rat, but none smells worse than Eddie Kritzer. I cannot praise Absolute Write's Water Cooler discussion board enough for this invaluable forum and info you provide.

Sincerely, ASK
Scriptwriter: iN THE COMPANY OF ANTS
Quarterfinalist: Scriptapalooza's Intl Screenplay Competition: 2010
Chicago IL USA

Posted: Tues., Nov. 2, 2010 - 1:49 PM CST

Last edited:

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Just one look at his photos on the front page of his website should be enough to scare anyone away.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Evidently this is a topic I should watch. Why? Because P&E does not have a Jack King working for it nor representing it in any capacity.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Wow. Reading through this thread, I get the general feeling that this person of whom we write displays behavior that might be misconstrued as having an issue with some form of substance abuse.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
He's still at it, and I'm very glad I took some time to "bing" his name. Naturally, AW popped up first. He called in response to a query I sent out for a script and immediately started telling me how he looked me up in IMDB Pro (wow, I'm impressed, IMDB Pro) and how selling a script or a book was impossible. Like no one knows that?
Started throwing around names and numbers.
Definitely a "run, do not walk, in the opposite direction" character. :evil

JanetW

Brokeneyes
Registered
Reaction score
Ed Kritzer warning, warning

I know I'm not the only one who has heard from or of Edie Kritzer. He sent me an email and sounded interested in my book. Then came the call - With an exclusive contract he will get me published, he explained all his accolades and that he just got a TV show sold, (never heard of the show). He gave me his sales pitch and if I sent him $800. He could get me published, BUT there was not a guarantee on that. His time was worth the money and he thinks my book could be a movie. Unless I'm wrong, I've always heard that they pay you not you pay them. He wasn't happy with me when I said no to his offer.

Thomas Vail

What?
Registered
Reaction score
I've always heard that they pay you not you pay them.
That is the way it goes. Essentially, a good agent is paid FROM results, not paid FOR results. Even if they're good intentioned, it's very easy to take money from someone whose work simply isn't in a publishable form, because whatever the end results, they've got their cut. Payment up front obviates the need for discretion in taking on clients.