Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. But I would think of it like a windbreaker.

Possibly. But aren't all those little capillaries designed to help cool us down? Without them, how much heat would we retain? I'm really curious now as to how much our skin does in terms of helping us regulate our temperature.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I heard there was a "how to burn a whale carcass" discussion here the other day. (Here as in AW, not in the Hounds specifically.)

This kind of thing is why I like hanging with writers.

:D

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
I heard there was a "how to burn a whale carcass" discussion here the other day. (Here as in AW, not in the Hounds specifically.)

This kind of thing is why I like hanging with writers.

Ha ha.

Funny thing, I know someone who found out the hard way, trying to burn a sea lion carcass doesn't really work. Not even with accelerates.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't feel much of anything with your skin removed as the pain receptors would all be gone or fried. At best, I'm thinking that there might be a continual agonizing burning sensation due to the severed nerves.

Of course, I'd rub salt on the exposed flesh in a series of, um, experiments designed to measure the amount of pain the recipient could endure without passing out or dying of shock.

Dipping them in brine might also work and could make for a tasty recipe (400-clove garlic and brine long pork anyone?).

:)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't feel much of anything with your skin removed as the pain receptors would all be gone or fried. At best, I'm thinking that there might be a continual agonizing burning sensation due to the severed nerves.

Of course, I'd rub salt on the exposed flesh in a series of, um, experiments designed to measure the amount of pain the recipient could endure without passing out or dying of shock.

Dipping them in brine might also work and could make for a tasty recipe (400-clove garlic and brine long pork anyone?).

:)
There was an interesting book by a Japanese author in which he discussed someone being flayed alive. Something about a night bird, I think. No, not the McCallam one. I'll see if I can dig up the info on it.

Eta:

The Wind-up Bird Chronicles. Odd book with some very interesting parts to it.

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I would think that the flaying alive part would be recommendation enough...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I can't tell if that's a recommendation or not.

It sort of was and sort of wasn't.

I had it in audiobook and it went on and on and on....

And much of it was pretty bizarre.

And It was mostly literary, which for me is sometimes okay and sometimes not.

Bug the Mongolian flaying scene was cool. That is, if you're into Mongolian flaying scenes.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Curious what makes it Mongolian.

Is there a difference in different cultures? Such as a Brazilian flaying would be something completely different?

:idea:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Curious what makes it Mongolian.

Is there a difference in different cultures? Such as a Brazilian flaying would be something completely different?

:idea:

Mongolian troops flayed a Japanese officer during the Japanese takeover of Mongolia in, I think, the 1930s. It's fiction, of course, but still.

That plus the Brazillians use wax in their flayings.

Status
Not open for further replies.