• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a critique partner - YA paranormal or dystopian

Status
Not open for further replies.

khosszu

Levitates through writing
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! :)

I have a finished YA paranormal romance, ~80k words (this is my first novel). It's been edited multiple times (by me), so it's pretty smooth, but still a WIP. Also, 2 other projects that I've recently started (couple chapters into each): another YA para/romance, and a YA dystopian.

I really need a critique partner to swap ~2000 words each week. I need critique on plot and character development and flow, and I can offer the same to you. I would really like to work with someone who writes in the same genre, or at the very least is a YA author.

I'm looking for someone who is responsible and dependable - I am like that, and even though I have a busy day job, and other responsibilities, I promise I will get my comments to you each week, and I would expect you to do the same. If you're enthusiastic, but tend to get lost for weeks in a row when the muse doesn't strike you, we won't be a good match...

I'm looking for someone honest with a critical eye, who has some experience reading and critiquing. I was part of several critique groups in the past, and although they weren't YA groups, I can also offer some experience in return.

PM me if you're interested! Thanks!!!

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
Can you be more specific about what in question you need critique for?

khosszu

Levitates through writing
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Hapax,

Sure. I'm looking for critique partners on a regular basis. Right now, it would probably be my WIP of YA Para/romance I mentioned in my post. But later on it will be other projects. All YA with paranormal elements. I'd be very happy to swap, and give my critique in return. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.