Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back, folks. Did you miss me?

Yes. It was waaay too well-behaved in here in your absence. :D

There's no way I'm backreading four days' worth of posts

But... all the things you missed. And when you are done reading, there will be another few dozen pages ready for you.

:roll:

BBC Sherlock

The only sex you get is one prudish kiss and one sexy-as-frack-all handholding.

Oh my Gawd.

At least it is better than Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century...

ION, It looks like Atari might be about to fall over, in some form. Could be the end of an era there.

Dammit. What does that make now? Five major companies in the last year or so? More, perhaps... I have the dreadful feeling that the Eternally Awful company is going to try and grab more of the market, pushing their computer-destroying DRM on people who don't know better. *sigh* I almost don't want to know what is happening any more.

Done.

:Guitar:

:banana: :Jump: :e2bear: :e2headban :banana: :e2bouncey
:e2bear: :banana: :Jump: :e2bouncey:Jump: :e2headban
:banana: :e2bouncey :e2headban :Jump: :e2bear: :Jump:

:TheWave:
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

:Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail: :Hail:

:thankyou:

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

Are you sure you have enough smileys there?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Dammit. What does that make now? Five major companies in the last year or so? More, perhaps...

Depends how and where you count them, but I agree it is almost tempting to go hide under a blanket and come out a few weeks later to see what the damage is.

This is the way economics works. (Oxymoron alert!)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I have an idea for a paranormal romance. i don't even LIKE paranormal romance.

Make the idea go away!!!!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Does it have vampires in it?

No. I hate most modern vampire stories (present authors' works excepted, of course). It has magic, and a secret network of magic users. I love stories with the Masquerade.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, I am shaking, literally shaking, because I am so pissed right now. If this bitch wasn't on the other side of the continent I'd slap her and shake her so hard her little tiny brain would fall out through her nose.

And now I've stirred up some drama on FB. But I just couldn't keep silent. I can't just listen to her filthy lies as she tries to make a martyr of her self, again.

It's anger like this that prevents me from having a weapon. I very seriously might kill people if given half the chance.

Sorry. You can now return to your regularly scheduled craziness.

:D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs for Kricket, poor thing. Go ahead and burn her in effigy; it's satisfying without actually being felonious.

Let's go with the random crazy gais. (Random crazy guys also welcome!) :e2woo::e2tongue:

Whoo hoo!!!

*starts stripping*

Turn up the music, I see nekkid dancing in my future!

Wait. The heat's turned up high in the Cantina, right? I'm not freezing my nekkididity if I don't have to.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Whoo hoo!!!

*starts stripping*

Turn up the music, I see nekkid dancing in my future!

I'm trying to look surprised. I really am. You don't normally wait for someone to declare it crazy time before denuding yourself.

ION, I have just finished reading 'Weird things people say in bookshops' which is well worth borrowing from your library and ends with this gem

CUSTOMER: Can I have a copy of Black Beauty, please?
BOOKSELLER: Of course. You’ll find a variety of different editions in the children’s section.
CUSTOMER (returning with three in her hand): I’ll have this one (hands over a hardback version). I wonder who wrote the other two . . .

ETA: :e2point:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to look surprised. I really am. You don't normally wait for someone to declare it crazy time before denuding yourself.

I'm indulging myself. In the Cantina, time and gravity haven't had their evil, evil way with bits of my anatomy. Everything is perky and firm and right where it belongs to be.

And now that I've disturbed everybody with that grim bit of imagery.....

*dances away*

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I'm indulging myself. In the Cantina, time and gravity haven't had their evil, evil way with bits of my anatomy. Everything is perky and firm and right where it belongs to be.

And now that I've disturbed everybody with that grim bit of imagery.....

*dances away*

Yes. Quite disturbing. Indeed.

I don't want to get out of bed today...

Addendum: I would like to note that the second sentence has no relevance to the first sentence.

Also, post #666! :D

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Question for the Brits among us:

I need to know what this guy's dialect is (obviously, referring to the non-Spanish dude in the video :D). How would you describe it? Can you tell where he's from? Is it a poor man's dialect? Is it posh? Is it South England? North England?

Gah. I want one of my MCs to sound like him, but I don't know how to describe it.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Quite disturbing. Indeed.

I don't want to get out of bed today...

Addendum: I would like to note that the second sentence has no relevance to the first sentence.

Also, post #666! :D

LOL! I was gonna say, the idea of being .... bedridden at the thought of saggy boobage is more disturbing than the actual saggy boobage! :D

666! No! Where's an exorcist? Find us a young priest and an old priest! :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Question for the Brits among us:

I need to know what this guy's dialect is (obviously, referring to the non-Spanish dude in the video :D). How would you describe it? Can you tell where he's from?

Soft-spoken Manchester accent. The specific region of Manchester would be discernible to people of the region however...

Is it a poor man's dialect? Is it posh?

It's seen more as a working class accent, but it is regional rather than an indicator of status - you should hear some of the monied folks from the area. At least two families of status from the region who turn up from time to time, with much rougher, profanity-laden diatribes.

Try this.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
*deep breathes (per BW suggestion)*

Anyway, thanks for letting me off load that for a second.

So, tonight, Mr. K and I will be experiencing our first D&D game. I'm excited. :)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I need to know what this guy's dialect is (obviously, referring to the non-Spanish dude in the video :D). How would you describe it? Can you tell where he's from? Is it a poor man's dialect? Is it posh? Is it South England? North England?

Definitely North England. Sounds like Manchester or maybe Liverpool with a bit of American thrown in, actually! (Northern accents usually say the short 'a' like Americans - aaaa - and southerners usually say it like 'ah'. :)

Not really a posh accent considered nationally, although possibly fairly posh for The North. For a proper posh southern English accent, you want someone like Marcus Harrington who does voiceover work and audiobooks. Trying to think of someone else you might know... Oh, like Colin Firth, I guess... Oh, or here you go: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/routesofenglish/index.shtml - there's a 'Talking Posh' link on there. That's a good one, actually. I've listened to it before. :)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, the class week has started for me. Yay.

--

I don't know if I'm going to write any. I'm going try out mind-mapping and/or flow charting and see if that will help me make my story/stories work better. (I'm not good with outlining.) I still need to figure out more about how to mind-map. I think understand flow-charting.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, BW and Ande :heart:

Definitely North England. Sounds like Manchester or maybe Liverpool with a bit of American thrown in, actually! (Northern accents usually say the short 'a' like Americans - aaaa - and southerners usually say it like 'ah'. :)

Not really a posh accent considered nationally, although possibly fairly posh for The North. For a proper posh southern English accent, you want someone like Marcus Harrington who does voiceover work and audiobooks. Trying to think of someone else you might know... Oh, like Colin Firth, I guess... Oh, or here you go: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/routesofenglish/index.shtml - there's a 'Talking Posh' link on there. That's a good one, actually. I've listened to it before. :)

I don't need a posh accent, I just need the description for this one. In 'unrelated' news: I can listen to that guy talk foreeeeever. Maybe I should fish in the Northern England waters :D

Thanks for the link, though. Very interesting!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Hearing Jeremy Renner ask Kelly Ripa if she's on crack - priceless :D

What's up Cantina? It's cold here today. And windy. I'm not leaving the house. I miss my walks.

The guy I am writing is a neurotic widower who has become obsessed with attending funerals, and the girl is a slightly deranged barista at his favorite coffee shop who always sees him looking at the obituaries/crime reports, and one day follows him to a funeral. A very odd relationship that could be considered love ensues. Not your typical romance :D
That sounds interesting. Is it serious in tone or comedic? I'm thinking with a little humor, that could wind up being hilarious.

I have an idea for a paranormal romance. i don't even LIKE paranormal romance.

Make the idea go away!!!!
Maybe N.P. and his buddy would like to have it? ;)

Pesto pain. We has it.

Lunch time. Hello lentil soup.
Mmmm. Lentil soup.

I will write more today. First, I have to motivate myself to workout. This is going to be tricky.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Why on earth would a sales guy think yelling at me over the phone would change my mind? Usually my polite no doesn't turn into some combative conversation.

Me: Unfortunately, we're not looking for [type of service] at this time. If that changes, however, I'll be sure to have someone reach out to you.
Him: DO YOU NOT WANT A SALES LIFT?
Me: We just aren't in the market right now.
Him: WHAT YOU'RE DOING NOW DOESN'T WORK AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES ARE JOKES. THEY SUCK. WE RULE. (Paraphrase, but the caps are legit.)
Me: No.
Him: TRANSFER ME TO YOUR BOSS!
Me: No.
Him: WHY NOT? I CAN FIND IT ONLINE.
Me: I'm the final decision-maker. Contacting our CEO will not change things.

This is from a cold call sales guy. I didn't request information. Just random sales guy. My own caps response: WHO DOES THAT?

Also: BW's new avatar makes me say: "Yee-haw."

Status
Not open for further replies.