The Writer's Oddities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

Registered
Reaction score
One of my most interesting writer's moments was when I used to work at Walmart. I was a cashier, and it was the most boring job in the history of the world, so sometimes I would just sit there and try to brainstorm the next novel I'm trying to plot. This one time, when there were hardly any customers, I got a lot of time to think and suddenly I was filled with the excited realization that four-year-olds can't run countries. Somehow, this issue had escaped my attention and I had left a child to be queen all on her own. The addition of another character to rule by proxy certainly mixed things up a bit.

Velvet27

Registered
Reaction score
This one time, when there were hardly any customers, I got a lot of time to think and suddenly I was filled with the excited realization that four-year-olds can't run countries. Somehow, this issue had escaped my attention and I had left a child to be queen all on her own. The addition of another character to rule by proxy certainly mixed things up a bit.

:ROFL:That cracked me up.

I've definitely done the same thing. I had written this whole awesome fight scene, which started with the two guys leaving the house to get rid of the attacking bad guys. After a month of writer's block, I realized the blockage was caused by the blindingly stupid thing that the bad guys couldn't cross the threshold and get into the house, so why would my heroes leave it? Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.