Not open for further replies.

JacobS.Tucker

A Wannabe F. Scott Fitzgerald
Registered
Reaction score
Website
parisandprose.com
Hello!

So, in my novel here, I'm not near the end, but I've had the end figured out since the beginning haha. And I've began writing it because I know exactly how I want to do it and it's helping me set up paths for certain events to happen.

But I guess my biggest question here is: Can I put a eulogy in the last chapter of my book? I mean I know I CAN, but I guess I'm asking if it's something a reader would want to read.

I mean it wouldn't be MASSIVELY long because you know a lot of what happens to these two characters, but still there's a eulogy because there's a lot of knowledge in what this last character has to say about what he learned and what he observed.

Plus it really commemorates a character that had such a profound impact on the world.

So, yay or nay?

–Jacob S. Tucker

startraveller

Registered
Reaction score
It's been done recently and well received. As long as it has meaning it'll work.

JacobS.Tucker

A Wannabe F. Scott Fitzgerald
Registered
Reaction score
Website
parisandprose.com
It has a whole lot of meaning. Frankly, I don't think there's a sentence in the eulogy that DOESN'T have meaning

ArtsyAmy

Registered
Reaction score
When I started reading your post, I thought, Sure it could work. The eulogy could say much about the character who is giving the eulogy. And it sounds like that's your plan. Sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.