Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
This is the Wonderland series in a nutshell.

Mad As A Hatter: Emil, your life used to suck and now it shall suck again.
Off With Her Head: Hey, Emil, your life is starting to look up!
We're All Mad Here: lol jk

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
So, apparently I don't fail that bad at science! Or at least am good at stoichiometry, because those late (and therefore marked down) assignments I was rushing to finish boosted my grade by 23%.

Okay, my last quarter mark in that class shall be an A. My dad pays me for getting 90's. (yes, it's a sign that I am a terrible person that this doesn't motivate me to hell, but my parents owe me $900 dollars and haven't written me a check yet, so them promising me money doesn't mean as much to me as it should)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Panic over - crit partner says it's appropriately sad. :tongue

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray!

I'm writing the second training sequence in my series and trying to keep it different enough from my first training sequence.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Para!

So, my average is actually 89%, if I take in my grades on my Semester 1 classes.

If not, 86%.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
At dinner, my brother talked about a scheme he and his friend came up with to make it possible to have babies completely designed (he didn't believe it was designer babies, but it's the same concept) - basically everything is chosen.

I found it slightly offensive, and it saddens me that he can talk like that.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
My lowest mark this year is gym, which is an 89... Overall average is a 93 or 94... One of them.

Speaking of marks, I have socials to study for. Yay :/

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
There are scientists who talk about that all the time. It's extremely offensive and wrong.

That's awesome marks, Tay! Keep that up.

Back to psychology!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like you're at a higher level of moral development than him. He's probably at the conventional level, while you're probably at the post-conventional level. Which basically means you're more mature than him.

Hopefully he will grow out of it! Boys tend to mature slower than girls. But even if not, I'm sure that when he has children of his own he'll change his mind.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Um... hang on...

Maybe a nice, long, rather funny scene of Sherlockettes? This is shortly before the Doctor Who scene! They are interviewing people at Kensington! Rose is a random person Danielle decides to show off her interviewing skills on.

“Well,” interrupted Veronika. “Thank you, Rose, but that was a colossal waste of time. Danielle, we are here to track down Jacob, not interview the peasants.”

“’The peasants’?” asked Sophie. “Wow, don’t I feel the love.”

Veronika ignored her. “Danielle, let’s get going.”

“You want to interview Jacob?” asked Rose. “Sorry to burst your bubble, but he didn’t show up to school today.”

Veronika was about to say that this was suspicious when Sophie looked back at her and groaned.

“Of course he didn’t,” the shorter girl said. “His girlfriend just almost died. That isn’t suspicious, that’s expected.”

“I didn’t say it was suspicious,” said Veronika.

“You were about to,” said Sophie. “You had your suspicious face on.”

“I have a suspicious face?” asked Veronika.

“Yeah,” said Sophie. “It’s the only expression that deviates from your angry face.”

Danielle laughed loudly, but Veronika just glared. After a moment, Sophie sighed.

“Come on,” she said, grabbing her hand and dragging her down the hall, “let’s go interview some more peasants.”

“Other way, Sophie,” called Danielle from behind them.

“I knew that!” Sophie spun them around and pulled her in the opposite direction.

“No, you didn’t,” said Veronika.

“Shut up, Véro,” groaned Sophie. She started up the stairs.

“Wait!” called Danielle from behind. “I have to pee!”
. . .

Once Danielle had taken care of her bladder, and had conveniently remembered that the Kensington jazz band’s rehearsal would be wrapping up around then, the girls were headed across the street to the music building. Veronika wrapped her scarf tighter around her neck, cursing the November cold. What a pointless month.

When she voiced her thoughts aloud, Danielle turned and raised an eyebrow. “You were born in November,” she told her.

“I know that,” replied Veronika. “So?”

Sophie rolled her eyes, but Danielle persisted. “So you should have some gratitude for the month that bore you!” the girl exclaimed, her ponytail flapping in the wind.

“The month didn’t bear me,” retorted Veronika. “My mother did.”

Sophie cracked up at this. When Veronika raised an eyebrow at her, Sophie just rolled her eyes, grabbed her and pulled her through the door.

“You do not understand how funny the things that come out of your mouth are,” she informed Veronika.

“I’m not trying to be funny,” objected the taller girl.

“Exactly,” said Sophie. She unzipped her puffy gold coat as the air from the heater hit them.

Danielle was already halfway up the stairs. Veronika, fearing that she’d have to run again, caught up to her as quickly as she could.

The band had already been dismissed, as it turned out, but a bunch of students were still loitering in the halls.

“Let’s split up,” suggested Danielle, as they reached the top of the stairs. “We can talk to more people that way.”

Sophie offered Danielle a look of mild horror.

“I know what you’re thinking,” sighed the dark-haired girl. “How could I sick Veronika Metzger on a group of innocent bystanders without a translator for her sociopathic ways?”

Sophie narrowed her eyes. “Actually, I was going to say that I don’t know my way around Kensington.”

“Admit it!” exclaimed Danielle, pointing her index finger at Sophie. “You were thinking it wasn’t safe to sick her on Kensington!”

“Yeah, but I wasn’t going to say it,” muttered Sophie. At Veronika’s accusing glare, she laughed, grabbing the taller girl’s arm. “I’m joking, I’m joking.”

“Just because I function on a higher level than you doesn’t mean you can poke fun at it,” said Veronika.

“Yes, it does,” replied Sophie.

Veronika glared at Sophie, but the taller girl didn’t really mind at all.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I MUST ALWAYS BETA.

Feeling a bit better, and I'm really stuck on the short story, so I'm going to try and do the rest of the chapter list for Invincible. I figured out that because of his vampirism, Will's emotions are heightened, and the smallest thing will set him off.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. The great depression in Newfoundland is not very interesting right now.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The plot of Invincible may be moving too fast. HOPEFULLY NOT. On Chapter Eight on the list: Carlos finds out about Will's plans.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
The great depression is just kinda depressing.

(you could procrastinate by telling me your thoughts on MAAH! :tongue jk, you should probably do you work)

(I, of course, have never followed my advice)

Lisa- you know what? That trope is used a lot- vampire has SUPER EXTREME emotions because the things they are FEELING are really INTENSE- but what might be really cool is if you turned it on it's head and your MC was struggling to hold onto human emotion.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
THAT IS PART OF IT. ESPECIALLY NEAR THE END.

Chapter Eight: Carlos finds out about Will's plans and tries to talk him out of it - EPIC FAILS.

That is actually what I wrote. I think my notes may start to go nuts. XD

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, don't even mention notes going nuts.

Examples from Sherlockettes:

Rachel is like: “YOU PEOPLE I ACTUALLY REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THIS SHIT”

“ALSO DON’T TELL NIKOLETA YOU’RE TALKING TO ME”

“BUT FOR REALZ YOU GUYS I NEED YOU TO DO THINGS LIKE PERHAPS FOR EXAMPLE MEET ME UP ON MOUNT ROYAL LIKE NAO”

And Veronika’s all HYPERFOCUS RACHEL’S TEXT SAID 8 LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sophie hides IN A TREE LIKE A NINJA.

SOPHIE JUMPS OUT OF THE TREE LIKE A NINJA

And these are only the ones in ENGLISH.