Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
We used to have a typewriter. I don't remember what happened to it.

Awww just had a memory where my dad was telling me to type "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" on it since that sentence uses all the letters of the alphabet. A few months ago, I got upset because I was having trouble remembering that many things with my dad, who died almost 13 years ago. In 3 years, he'd be missing the last 2/3 of my life... I guess what matters is the right recall.

So thanks for mentioning typewriters, Lisa!

I get like that days when i think of my Pop-pop. He was like my dad, just the other day my mom said something like how he would have been really proud of me and i started tearing up. Funny how even 13 years later that happens. Its shocking just how much i forgot. What's important are the memories that stay with you i think. Like I'll never forget me sneaking downstairs every morning (my Pop-pop work up at 4am every day because he used to work for the post office and had to be in super early) and i would try to scare him every morning as he had his coffee. Thinking back now its so obvious he had to have heard me coming but still acted surprised every single morning.

A few years ago i actually started keeping a little book of all the memorized i had of him. So I'd never forget.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Ally!

When did you finish RBSL? Didn't you just start it? Or am I thinking of a different book?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah i finished RBSL in 12 days actually about two weeks ago! Fasted i ever wrote, but its also my shortest book at only 46K.

Now i'm trying to figure out what to write. I sort of have a horrible horrible case of writers block.... if you can even call it that. Probably more accurately defined in my case as writers depression.

How have you been???

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

Going out for dinner later. Hoping to get a little bit further with coursework before that.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my god, I am so excited for the Avengers. And so scared that it won't come to my island the right day, because then I will diiiiie.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to kill my internet. It's so slow that nearly no page will load, and I'm trying to research for an essay.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. :)

I can't believe this is the last Sunday of my freshman year. It feels like just yesterday I was sitting in this dorm room for the first time...