• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta swap: romance/fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seeking an additional pair of eyes, and I'm willing to swap.

The query: Morality is all relative. At least, that’s what Regis tells himself. He’s been working for a witch since he was a kid; he helped her put Queen Isolde into a coma; and, soon, he’s going to commit his first murder.

A few years back, a vigilante named Jonathan White hid the queen’s unconscious body. Now he’s another victim of the witch, rotting away in a locked tower. Regis has his orders: “rescue” Jonathan, find out where the queen is hidden, and then slit Jonathan’s throat. Simple, until Regis actually meets Jonathan. Jonathan is no typical fairytale hero — he lies, he cheats. He feeds his enemies to his dragon. Worse, he’s handsome. Falling for him would be a terrible mistake.

Regis has never made good life choices.

Regis swore a magical oath — he’s compelled to find the queen, and once he does, he’ll be forced to carry out his next promise: killing Jonathan. Defying the oathspell causes crippling pain. In order to keep both himself and Jonathan alive, he’ll have to betray his boss, break an unbreakable spell, and save the queen… all without letting Jonathan know the truth.

Totaling 55,000 words, BAD MAGIC is a romance/fantasy novel with a touch of erotica.

What I’m looking for: general advice and reactions. Plot holes, incontinuity, characterization, ect.

What I can offer you: I’m willing to give the same in return. I give plain, straightforward critique. I'd prefer a partner who writes adventurous or romantic material (if you write both, we are clearly meant to be). PM me and we'll see if we're a good fit.

My first chapter can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.