• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing Buddy Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistydawn

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm looking for a casual writing buddy. I work full time and I have two small children, but writing is turning into a passion for me. I would love to have someone to swap ideas, and share work with, hopefully share some honest critiques with, and maybe even build a friendship. Please let me know if you're interested.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Misty, it might help you find a good match if you were to add the types of writing you do (genres, whether it's short stories or novels, like that) and what you're be interested in reading, in addition to your own genre. (Example: "I write YA but would be happy to swap for westerns or horror in addition to YA.")

For instance, if I were seeking that kind of arrangement, while I write mainly in one genre, I read three and would probably be happy enough to swap in any of them if the other person was.

Maryn, wishing you success in finding just the right person

mistydawn

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Maryn, good thinking :)

Right now I'm writing a kind of science fictiony book, and also working on a memoir. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I enjoy reading YA books, also historical fiction, and some science fiction.

FiveFootMonster

Registered
Reaction score
Some famous writer was quoted as saying that children's fiction that adults can't also enjoy isn't good children's fiction at all ;) His name escapes me, though. It might have been C.S. Lewis.

I'd be interested. I don't have any friends who write, and I tend to be really shy even when it comes to talking online. I write (and read) horror and fantasy. I can seriously dig reading some Sci-Fi, but I don't know how good I'd be at writing it. I'm not too good at all the techno-babble.

culmo80

Registered
Reaction score
Misty - I'd be willing to be a writing partner with you.

FivefootMonster - I'd be willing to write with you as well, seeing as we're both in Virginia!

I write mostly horror, dark fiction, but I also have a historical fiction novel brewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.