So what's for dinner?

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Lentil-sausage-kale soup. Which I will eat while watching The Mindy Project and avoiding the Superbowl.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Broke in my new wok today. Shrimp chips, and a pork stir fry with garlic, green onions, and rice noodles.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Baked teriyaki chicken tenders over brown rice, carrots and Italian green beans (flavored with chicken bouillon cubes), and fresh fruit salad.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Reheated, store-bought fried chicken from Sunday Night.

Oh yeah - I'm livin' it up alright.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Fritatta

Chopped up peppers, onions, sausage sauteed in oven-proof fry pan.

12 eggs (my guys can polish this off easy) mixed in bowl with grated cheeses and some herbs.

Pour egg mixture over the sauteed stuff. Let set for one minute over medium heat. Put fry pan in oven at 350 degree F for about 10 minutes or until cooked.

What I like about fritatta, is that you really can put anything into it, as long as you have enough eggs to cover the mixture of veggies/meat/whatever.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Chicken again. But homemade Chicken Parmesan. My (non-Italian wife) is asking me for tips. Pounded, breaded, fried, topped with Mozz and baked in ragu, is that right?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Lamb stew. Homemade buttermilk wheat bread. Salad.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soup (minestrone), salad, and a glass of red wine at the Olive Garden. It's a diet month, due to pigging out all of January.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Dinner at the closer Thai place. I really needed some Tom Kha soup tonight due to me coming down with something.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Home made fish tacos that were meh. The problem was that I used cod (which I had) instead of mahi (which I didn't).

MM

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting here. Spaghetti with jar sauce and frozen meatballs, on fettucine. Brussels sprouts, frozen mixed fruit. Except for me, the too-fat one, who only gets the brussels sprouts and fruit. :(

Neegh

Banned
Reaction score
Grilled tuna steaks on coconut rice with butter ginger sauce, and a pile of steamed broccoli on the side.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It was going to be onion soup. But... I'm making the beef stock in a brand-new digital-timer crockpot that doesn't seem to actually be working right. The timer countdown stalls after the first 48 min., which is annoying but not critical for this job. (A deal-breaker for other intended uses, however.) More important, after 12 hours on "low" and another 90 min. on "high" the stock is still very weak, the carrots are still hard, and liquid temp. is barely 180 F. I think I'm going to have to throw the whole watery mess out. What a waste of big lovely marrow bones!

(And it will be a nuisance to return/exchange, since the thing was a Xmas gift & I don't think the original box is still on hand. :( )

Plan B is probably Chinese delivery. The onions will keep.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Roast chicken (high heat method), roasted cubed potatoes (method on the previous page), steamed broccoli and pea pods with bought doughnuts for dessert.

And since I love one stop cooking, I've got tomorrow's dinner planned - quesadillas with the left over chicken.