The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year all. I have too many plans today - not exciting or good ones, but I'd rather do nothing. We're supposed to go to our neighbors' for New Years, but I'd rather stay home. At least it's not far.

I need to get myself in shape too. I had plenty of opportunity over winter break but I didn't do anything at all. And now only two days and back to work *cry*.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Morning all.

Holy crap, it's freezing out, so forgive me for the black fuzzy bathrobe, fuzzy cupcake PJ pants and slippers as I attempt to finally get warm this morning.

Hot chocolate anyone?

Resolutions: Eh. I have so many plans for 2013, it's kind of crazy. Some crazy hopes, too, but hm, we'll see I guess. This doesn't leave much room for resolutions. :tongue

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
*waves*

Still no new router, but it's giving me some slow action this morning. I feel like I'm back in the dial up era.

Happy New Year's Eve, y'all!

Happy birthday, Vfury!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone!

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
No plans for us tonight, either.
I don't play on amateur night anymore.
Also, Dh's gma passed away this morning. I don't want to give 2012 any more opportunities to kick at us one last time. Staying home is dangerous enough.

I give.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
unrelated to anything...

authors -- do you ever feel like you're work has been dropped off into nothing? Like any promo you do is for no reason? No amount of plugging and spamming will do any good. And kind of feel like the redheaded stepchild of the publisher's eye? I see them plugging other stuff, but there's no mention of mine.

Not a whinge, just an observation, really.
ho hum.

Yes, yes and yes. Especially at this time of year when there's blogs all over the place listing their books of the year. It's like there's only 5 or 6 authors in the m/m genre and the rest of us are just slugs found under rocks.

((((Cheeky))))

Suki, nice to see you back. xxx

No resolutions here, I never make them. I would very much like not to be poor any more. It's getting really wearing.

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
(((Cheeky))) So sorry to hear that. :(

*hugs Fire and everyone else* Purgatory should be its own NYT category.

I called my parents for NYE (yes, both of them) and they're both sitting alone at home and my mother is having the sads. What can I say, the sads are a bit contagious, but hey, I get to work through NYE, so. ;)

Just...yeah, that scary fear of ending up like your parents (unless that's a good thing) and screwing up what little chances you have at finding someone you would actually love to have around for an extended period of time, I have it.

Chocolate martinis should fix this... ;)

I second Fire not being poor anymore. Come on 2013, you can do this.

Also: squishy hugs!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I propose that 2013 be the year none of us remains or becomes poor, that it's the year of robust health, hard work which moves us nearer our goals, and continued support of one another at the weak moments.

Maryn, rarely this sappy

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
I propose that 2013 be the year none of us remains or becomes poor, that it's the year of robust health, hard work which moves us nearer our goals, and continued support of one another at the weak moments.

Maryn, rarely this sappy

I second this! All of it. :D

WritingDemons

Reclusive doesn't begin to cover it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jackykendricks.blogspot.com
I think I'm going to do my New Year's cleaning today, rather than tomorrow. Mostly because today I'm not doing anything but writing, and tomorrow I have a family party to go to. Which I'm looking forward to.

Especially since, ya know, this year when my cousins and aunts and uncles demand to know when they can read my stuff I can say "You can buy it on Amazon. But be warned, it's smut."

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No resolutions for me--it just makes the guilt and slow, soul-eating panic worse when my goals stay on the same spot on the horizon no matter how hard I run.

Lots of things to get done in the coming year, and 365 tries at getting it right. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The stairs are repaired! The Kid, Mr. Maryn, and I are taking turns walking up and down and realizing all these unconscious habits like keeping to the more solid edge and gripping the rail like there's no tomorrow are no longer necessary. The carpenter said it was apparent someone had attempted repair before but didn't seem to know what to do other than using a bunch of nails.

The kitchen cabinet has been taken to his shop, where he will attempt to get its angles 90 degrees again. He's not sure it can be done but says it cam be close enough for use, even if it requires building an interior structure. What kind of bozo uses particle board for a cabinet?

Today's adventures also included a visit to the OB-Gyn, whose last day before retirement is today (she was sober--must suck to be a doctor on your way out), and literal parking lot gridlock at the grocery store. I had the presence of mind to call the store, ask for the manager, and tell him my car hadn't been able to move for the last 20 minutes, and that he needed to get someone out to direct traffic before tempers flared. Wegmans is such a good store. Five minutes later there were three guys in neon safety vests trotting to the worst spots. I was freed soon after.

Now I've found the silly party hats and the mardi gras beads, and washed the wine flutes. Made my first cheesecake, which seemed too easy so I wonder what I did wrong.

Maryn, busy bee

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn, rarely this sappy

Fourthed!

(((Cheeky family)))

Evening, Purgatory. Landlord's son, who is living with the Housemate and me for a while, is home on NYE, which I wasn't expecting (I'm used to having the run of the house on NYE, being the only one working the next day), and he'd taken over the sitting room by the time I came home from work. So I'm in my room, frantically finishing off the last of my reading to make my GR 2012 goal, as I really don't want to hang out with him.

I'm a bit miffed, as there was a detective show I wanted to watch, but I'll survive. I have a fancy chocolate souffle in the oven, which is making up for it. :D

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn, rarely this sappy

I'll drink to that, Maryn!

Sorry I haven't been around much these past weeks. I'm in a writing frenzy, but I'm starting to see daylight and am looking forward to 2013.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, PURGATORY!!

:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil

GJB

Oh, what a ride
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn, rarely this sappy

Fifthed--both meanings. g.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We started our celebration by putting our comfy pants in the dryer for a few minutes. Ahhhh, dirtygood.

What? This is how hermits party.

Status
Not open for further replies.