Bent N' Dent Stores

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'll admit that I'm on the bottom of the wealth scale. I'm not poor, but I'm broke an awful lot, so I'm good with finding food that I like but not paying too much for it.

It's like a game with me. How awesome of a meal can I make for how little money?

Around my area we have bent n' dent stores. They are just as they sound. Bent boxes, dented cans, torn labels but the food is still sealed.

There is a huge one run by the Amish about 20 miles from me. It's massive and you can fill a grocery cart for less than $20. I've seen people with large families fill 3 carts and pay less than $40.

I like going there for a number of reasons. One is that I find labels and brands that are not local. Plus, gourmet items that are usually too expensive for me to afford normally.

Do any of you folks have those in your areas?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Around my area we have bent n' dent stores. They are just as they sound. Bent boxes, dented cans, torn labels but the food is still sealed.

Do any of you folks have those in your areas?

No, but if we did, I'd probably check 'em out...

As long as the products weren't "Made in China," or the cans aren't leaking, or there were no holes in the boxes, and I could discern what was inside from the torn labels. ;)

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
All the nasty stuff can't be re-sold so it never makes it there.

I scored a whole bunch of cheap soda a while ago. And I've found some various BBQ sauces I can't find anyplace else.

Granted, I don't need a #10 can of gefelte fish, but there have been some incredible finds.