Ever Choose A Theme Song For Your Novel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnitaMeadows

Registered
Reaction score
Not really one theme song for any given book, but I've found a lot, A LOT, of songs fit certain characters/situations/whatever. Listening to music is a part of my brainstorming process. But I can't listen while writing, I'm way too sensitive to sound and can't focus. :(

Hiroko

Which of them was the machine?
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoy matching up songs to my books as a whole and to scenes within. This tends to lead to me listening to those songs over and over while in the writing process, but whether or not that helps is anyone's guess.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Currently the theme song for my book is Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but mostly the rock and punk rock versions I've found on Youtube. The lyrics are perfect, but it needed a little more epic-ness :D

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Song? How about a whole soundtrack?

I do that with most of my work. It helps to set the mood, pacing, and style, and hearing the music instantly triggers memories of the story, allowing me to focus on it better.

That was my first thought when I saw this thread. One story starts off with Tool's Aenima then leads to Breaking Benjamin, etc...

Every time I hear these songs now I can't help but think of those particular scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.